Rear endish noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lift_to_suceed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2018 SCAB with 2700km been stretching its legs off road pretty good recently and having a blast. Now when I start it up it sounds like the fuel pump is going mad, put my hand on the tank and couldnt feel any vibration. Or maybe its vacuum noise of some sort? Only in park and below 20km it happens, drive off and the noise stops. Only comes up after startup. Any clues from anyone? Truck is sitting at 1/2 tank currently, I will try and get sound of it tomorrow and post it in here.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IAC valve? They are known to make a humming noise at idle when they get gummed up some. Not sure if these motors use the same system as years past. Sometimes you just need to clean out the valve with some brake cleaner.

OP
OP
L

Lift_to_suceed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IAC valve? They are known to make a humming noise at idle when they get gummed up some. Not sure if these motors use the same system as years past. Sometimes you just need to clean out the valve with some brake cleaner.
If it does have the same it would make sense, was in some gummy mud. Ill do some digging, thanks!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk