Rear camera defaults to split screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned quite a few Fords with backup camera and always have been able to have the entire screen show the rear view with guidance lines etc. On the Raptor, it keeps defaulting to a split screen with half showing the rear and the other half an above view. In order to get full rear view, I have to reach over and press the settings button every time I back up. The part I don't like is the trans is in reverse while I'm fooling around with the setting. Is there a way to set it to stay on full rear view?

sdorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find that irritating as well. If there is a way to change it I am interested in hearing it.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The split screen is even more awesome when its broken.

I had my camera replaced by the dealer a few months ago on my 18. Since then the rear panel of the 360 is just black. They can't figure out how to code it. I just give up and use my mirrors anyway. I'm too old to adjust my backup procedure and can't seem to trust the camera.

OP
OP
R

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you hit the camera button on the dash next to the hazards you can change the picture view

That's what I'm doing. I'm not used to it yet, so I start backing up and realize I need to change it. I'm afraid I'm going to end up hitting something or someone messing around with this. I've never had one that you can't set the full view and it will always stay that way.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You spent how much on your truck and won't force the camera issue???? It's the same system in all Fords with the camera. You can't tell me every Ford that gets wrecked, people give up this option when it gets out of the shop

lightman02

Reaction score
That's what I'm doing. I'm not used to it yet, so I start backing up and realize I need to change it. I'm afraid I'm going to end up hitting something or someone messing around with this. I've never had one that you can't set the full view and it will always stay that way.

Mine doesn't split screen by default, it's either in the guage cluster or most likely sync settings on the second screen under "display". You shouldn't have to hit the button every time.

SENDIT

Reaction score
The "+" in the upper, left hand corner of the screen changes the view from split screen to full screen

OP
OP
R

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "+" in the upper, left hand corner of the screen changes the view from split screen to full screen

Yes, you have to select it each time you want full rear screen. If I was in a situation where I needed to back up several times, I'd need to keep hitting that button each time I put it in reverse. I've owned a lot of Fords and this is the first one that I can't get the default to full rear screen.