Rear AC Vents Barely Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s a common issue with all 2nd gens, but I noticed that the rear vents barely blow any air. Coming from a 1st gen, the rear vents worked great and I never got any complaints from the kids being hot. Anyone else notice this? I feel like I have to crank up the air in order for the rear vents to actually push any significant air out.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is an issue. passengers do complain, and I have to crank it to full and we freeze in the front.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it’s a common issue with all 2nd gens, but I noticed that the rear vents barely blow any air. Coming from a 1st gen, the rear vents worked great and I never got any complaints from the kids being hot. Anyone else notice this? I feel like I have to crank up the air in order for the rear vents to actually push any significant air out.

Yep. And if you angle them towards the outboard seat, that’s when they start to close.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel ford has to work on there fan speed/power in general. The dial has 7 lights on my version, but the first three move little air. My 2012 had less speeds, but still the same issue. I'm talking for the dash, let alone the rear seats. I was happy the new one had so many speeds, but I was soon let down . Never test drove the newer trucks, just ordered the 2017. I have become use to using the fourth setting.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get what all are saying, but the 2017 moves way more air than my 2011 ever did. I have no complaints, probably because I rarely have rear passengers. I know I'm a happy driver though!!!

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never found any vehicle with rear vents in the back of the console to be very worth while. The only vehicles I've had good rear air in have their own rear systems.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

You’re in Foriduh, it’s hot there. pre-start your truck and let the AC cool the truck off for you before you get in. AC is a comfort feature, not a miracle.

if your rear passengers still are dissatisfied, make them ride in the bed.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear vents don’t blow at all. Taking it down Friday to the dealer.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is the same. I'll usually end up turning the foot vents off, and it'll push a bit more air out the rear vents.