Rattling over Bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else hear or feel a rattling in the rear end over bumps?! My previous Truck was a 2015 F -150 King Ranch and it never had any rattles.. I'm no mechanic by any means, but it almost sounds as if the muffler is loose - or maybe leaf spring rattling..

Is the rattle because the large size of the Raptor?! Any helpful feedback would be appreciated!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Nope. Even speed bumps at 35mph, no rattles. A slight ‘thump-thump’, but no rattles.

OP
OP
H

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes - I would call it a "thump thump" what is that attributed to? That's a good choice of words!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Black Trucks Matter!
:biggrin:

I was thinking maybe the tire was loose too but the only double thump I hear is when I take speed bumps at speed.

OP
OP
H

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are probably right! It's most likely nothin - this Truck is far different than the FX4 package on my King Ranch!

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a hitch in the receiver? It took me forever to figure out that's what was causing a similar noise on one of my previous vehicles.