Rattle behind dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have recently noticed a rattle / bobble sound behind my dash in console area. Mainly when I am on a rougher road...like my chip and seal street. Or bumps. It is driving me nuts! Has anyone else noticed something like this?

Maybe I need a Corsa exhaust?? That might cover it up! [emoji3]

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
~Matt

taoseno

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same noise near the shifter.....how do I remove the trim around the shifter?

gregspirt

Reaction score
That’s amazing. I have it as well near the shifter area. It’s been driving me crazy for months.

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s amazing. I have it as well near the shifter area. It’s been driving me crazy for months.

Have you had any luck on identifying the source? Pretty sure I am taking mine into the shop because it’s driving me nuts! My wife can’t hear it when she is in the passenger seat, but maybe it’s just ingrained in my head that I know what it sounds like!

gregspirt

Reaction score
No, I wish. I’ve been trying to figure how to get into the shifter area and maybe locate it.

gregspirt

Reaction score
Well I think I solved my noise. I took up the console cover etc to get to the area down around the bottom of the shifter. After popping up the main top to the console and removing it, there is a second plastic level which has two black torx screws in the center. I removed those two screws and with a flashlight saw a third screw that was the same torx screw just sitting therein a little spot where while driving it would roll back and forth and make the sound as I sometimes accelerated and when I made turns. It was in a little spot where it had about one square inch to move around but couldn’t go anywhere else or fall down lower. I took a test drive after removing that extra screw and so far no noise. So fingers crossed, I think it was solved for me. Figuring that at the factory, one of the workers dropped the screw when installing the two screws there and just left it and moved on figuring nobody would ever know.

OP
OP
thetasigma1186

thetasigma1186

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am taking mine in to be dealer tomorrow. I will have them look where you found the screw. Hopefully it is simple and can go away!