Raptor vs Platinum - Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daaaaaan

Reaction score
Hi All,

My wait is finally over & my raptor was delivered. I traded in a 2015 Platinum (34k) miles on an Oxford White Raptor.

I often see how Raptors compare to Platinums, and this is my opinion

- Raptor -
*Much better highway driving. It rides like a Cadillac in comparison. It almost feels like a boat floating over all the large bumps/dips
*Much more power
*Transmission is o.k. It does search for gears during acceleration, but nothing too noticeable
*Seat are far more comfortable in my opinion
*Fit/Finish is on par with the platinum

-Platinum-
*Felt more planted/less sway when going around bends
*Had massage seats (which I will miss)

I'm very happy with upgrading to the Raptor. I have a child (and another on the way) and using this as our family hauler. The wife & kids both enjoy the smoother ride, which was a huge selling point.

Ordered: 10/7/16
Built: 12/22/16
Ship: 1/12/17
Delivered: 2/9/17

FullSizeRender%2022_3.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-15%20at%209.40.03%20PM_1.png

Reaction score
Congrats on your raptor! But seriously, who is comparing a raptor to a platinum? No one here. We know there is no comparison. :)

Eh, I appreciated it. I always wanted a Raptor but when I started shopping a month ago, getting one for anything that wasn't a total ripoff started seeming like it might be a year or more away, so I started considering getting a Platinum and putting a lift on it and maybe trading it a couple years from now for a Raptor (or maybe not).

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
I don't like how bouncy the rear end is on the regular F-150's. I was thinking about a Platty a little over a year ago but decided to wait.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from a loaded 2015 Lariat F150. Got my G2 last Saturday. There is no comparison it's better in every way, except sound. Be patient and get the raptor. I have let a few friends drive it and now they want one.

dkgreyf150

Reaction score
Do you mind me asking what you got for your platinum? I've got a 15 platinum and considering doing the same trade in.

Last edited: