Raptor vs Other Toys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evoking

Reaction score
I am considering a 17 or 18 Raptor and wanted to get you guys feedback in terms of grin factor compared to other toys such as Hellcat, 911 cab etc.

Of course I know that is the most apples and oranges off-the-wall question known to man. But I am looking to replace my daily toy which is a BMW Alpina B7 with something more fun.

To Give you more background so you know my taste I have had probably 80-90 cars including a few SUVs but never a pickup. Most have been high performance cars. The current family car but the wife drives is a Lexus GX460. I deliver they picked this one because it is a true body on frame capable off-roader that I could enjoy driving occasionally. The main toy is a Huracan and I also have a 68 Charger.

Although I have never owned a pickup I have always had an interest. Even as a 8yr old child I was addicted to the Fall Guy just to watch the truck (yes I am dating myself)! There is a part of me that would love another manual car with a backseat like a Hellcat or used 911 Cab. Although very fun time these ultimately would be more of what I've had many of which are fast cars! Whereas the raptor represents a complete departure and something new. The Texas Raptor run looks super fun to boot.

Any chance that any of you cross shopped genre of toy like this? Or bought a Raptor as first pickup after having several drivers cars?

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
If you can find one or an FRF member near by drive one. Worst case go to a dealer and drive a similar sized truck in Platinum or King Ranch trim. That will at least give you a feel for the size and weight. I have had plenty of go-fast good handling street cars. Trucks are a different world all together. On the road a Raptor is a comfortable cruiser, ok acceleration, and dismal cornering. Offroad it's a giant dunebuggy that s a blast to drive. Surprisingly the weight distribution is not bad (52/48) but the suspension, weight, and brakes will limit your on-road shenanigans.

OP
OP
E

Evoking

Reaction score
Thanks for the perspective. I plan to drive one tomorrow if I can. And yes I did t expect much on-road shenanigans haha.

Funny you say giant dune buggy off-road. Ironically I raced hobby shop buggies as a preteen!

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can find one or an FRF member near by drive one. Worst case go to a dealer and drive a similar sized truck in Platinum or King Ranch trim. That will at least give you a feel for the size and weight. I have had plenty of go-fast good handling street cars. Trucks are a different world all together. On the road a Raptor is a comfortable cruiser, ok acceleration, and dismal cornering. Offroad it's a giant dunebuggy that s a blast to drive. Surprisingly the weight distribution is not bad (52/48) but the suspension, weight, and brakes will limit your on-road shenanigans.
Completely agree. I love my Raptor but coming from sports cars (911 turbo and Ferrari 360 and even g35 coupe) and mostly used to daily driving a jag Xfr once my son was born, I need to remember a truck on road is a different animal. Acceleration is fantastic for a truck, doesn't feel lacking at all, but I wouldn't call it fun. Likewise, the main drawback is handling in a corner and braking sucks, but you get used to theSe and when you drive it like a cruiser or accept the body roll, it is fun. Past that, it is comfortable, vast amounts of space inside for everyone including back seats in a screw, and the bed obviously comes in handy for a lot of stuff. Nice to have a new car with Apple play too.

For any on road fun, sport mode is a MUST.

waldoaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get yourself a porsche and a RZR. LOL

Best of both worlds if you want to just have the truck for offload. But then you need a truck to pull the RZR. So never mind. Get the raptor

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a bunch of cars. A few are a Raptor, Hellcat challenger and a GT350R. I love the Raptor as a daily. It's quick and rides like a cloud on bumps and even handles well for a pick up. You will not be disappointed with the Raptor. 394c540b736af1bd224f9310a19a7234.jpg

GT350R or Hellcat if you had to pick one?

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 17 Raptor and a 17 Hellcat Charger as our third car. The Raptor is my daily - I love it. Sincerely. Coming from a 2011 Ecoboost F150 Tuned - and that was/is pretty quick. But just love everything about the Raptor. However, I LUST getting into the Hellcat on Fridays and over the Weekends. I'm not sure the Raptor will give you that "gotta drive it" feeling that some cars do. But it's pretty badass. To put in perspective, to run to the donut shop in the mornings or quick trip to the store late night - I drive the Hellcat vs the Raptor due to ease of use, fun factor, and speed/sound. The Raptor just doesn't peg the dial 8-10 like other Toy cars can.

But if you are looking for a fun, quick, SUPER comfortable, and all out beast to drive on the daily or even part time - the Raptor is def the BEST choice. My kids love it, the wife love riding passenger (hates driving it - too big), and I get a ton of compliments.