Raptor verses Razor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know if I would do much rock crawling anyway except when I take it to Utah. The XYZ SS EE doesn't use a clutch...another reason why I want it. The manual paddle shifters look nice...both hands on the wheel. They do show some nice rock crawling videos with it in some review vides I watched.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJfLDPQ0f9o

Looks like the RZR's have way more accessories and aftermarket products for them.

I'll do some research on the Can-Am X3 since you guys say it's the best. It does appear expensive though.

I'm wondering.....where does the beer cooler go on these things? :)
If you have a spare tire in back where it there room for a cooler?

BTW, what is the average distance range on these XYZ's or similar?

Last edited:

Cool_Racer_79

Reaction score
Idaho, specifically North Idaho, so wide and open areas are few and far between. The large side x sides are only going to fit on regular vehicle traffic Forest Service roads, including fire and old logging roads. But there are a huge network of actual trails that you are not permitted to operate anything over 50" in width. You're totally right on--many guys (and gals for that matter) want the biggest, baddest machine in town, but for trails, a 900 is more than enough. I wanted a Maverick X3 as soon as CanAm rolled it out, but at 64" wide, it simply was too much a liability, in terms of what I would be restricted from. So, the RZR's are king here. The sales numbers aren't even close when you talk to a Polaris dealer and then take tally at a similarly sized CanAM dealer.

Same deal with the Raptor! I wanted one badly but the truth is there is no way I can buy one with ADM. Timing is another factor, so I ordered a 2017 Limited instead. I will take delivery when I return to the States in May. The truth of the matter is, I would never take my truck off road, that's what my side by side is for so the Raptor was just for the looks for me. I think I will be happy with the Limited, even though it doesn't look like a Raptor, is a nice truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same deal with the Raptor! I wanted one badly but the truth is there is no way I can buy one with ADM. Timing is another factor, so I ordered a 2017 Limited instead. I will take delivery when I return to the States in May. The truth of the matter is, I would never take my truck off road, that's what my side by side is for so the Raptor was just for the looks for me. I think I will be happy with the Limited, even though it doesn't look like a Raptor, is a nice truck!

I have your basic mentality--not interested in taking the Raptor off road much. I took my '13 off road quite a bit. My '14 was essentially never truly off road. I generally have thought the same--I'm much more likely to bash and scratch a $14,000 RZR or Outlander ATV than do the same with my truck. Again, for my area, it's too big anyway.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Idaho, specifically North Idaho, so wide and open areas are few and far between. The large side x sides are only going to fit on regular vehicle traffic Forest Service roads, including fire and old logging roads. But there are a huge network of actual trails that you are not permitted to operate anything over 50" in width. You're totally right on--many guys (and gals for that matter) want the biggest, baddest machine in town, but for trails, a 900 is more than enough. I wanted a Maverick X3 as soon as CanAm rolled it out, but at 64" wide, it simply was too much a liability, in terms of what I would be restricted from. So, the RZR's are king here. The sales numbers aren't even close when you talk to a Polaris dealer and then take tally at a similarly sized CanAM dealer.

Rzr's are king everywhere that's why their quality seems to slip every now and then. Last year they sold 15 rzr's to 1 can am. That's why I stayed away from the turbo model. But these things are high maintenance... they won't run long if you don't care for them and most people don't they just beat the hell outta them.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of good info here. I better stay away from the RZR as I don't want to be doing a bunch of maintenance. I also don't want to get my paint all scratched up on my Raptor from desert brush so I might as well get a side by side for hard core desert thrashing :)

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of good info here. I better stay away from the RZR as I don't want to be doing a bunch of maintenance. I also don't want to get my paint all scratched up on my Raptor from desert brush so I might as well get a side by side for hard core desert thrashing :)

All makes sense to me!