Raptor verses Razor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a little more runway and the rzr would catch up?

Nah, the Truck has the top end because of gearing...one would venture to say the RZR was out of speed by the time they ended the video.

A sand drag it's really the best means of comparing these vehicles though...the RZR would eat it up on trails.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I had no idea these RZR's were so fast!! I'm seriously thinking of buying one to pull behind my Raptor. Are they good rock crawlers?

Here is another Raptor vs. RZR drag race where the RZR smoked the Raptor. I wonder why such a big difference in the 2 videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVle9WSeMSo

They are phenomenal at rock crawling. The 4 door has a long wheel base so they tend to scrap in tough situations but they come with full skid plates. So I just slide right over it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are phenomenal at rock crawling. The 4 door has a long wheel base so they tend to scrap in tough situations but they come with full skid plates. So I just slide right over it lol.

The more youtube videos I watch of these the more I want one. They look like a lot of fun. The 2017 Blue Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE with paddle shifters and Fox bypass shocks looks like the winner to me. It will look great with my L. Blue Raptor. :)

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more youtube videos I watch of these the more I want one. They look like a lot of fun. The 2017 Blue Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE with paddle shifters and Fox bypass shocks looks like the winner to me. It will look great with my L. Blue Raptor. :)

The new Can Am Maverick x3's are the true winners

Cool_Racer_79

Reaction score

If money is not an issue buy the Can-Am X3.

If you want reliability and most for your money, get the Yamaha YXZ. If you buy a 2016 you will safe 10k. The sequential shift is bad ass and will give you the total control experience. However, they are NOT Rock Crawlers. You can make it one by changing the gear ratios an getting bigger tires, but it will cost you money and you will still have the clutch. IMO auto is the way to go if you want to Rock Crawl. The YXZ is meant to go fast out of the box.

The Polaris are nice looking and they are the most popular. Honestly, I never understood why, because they are cheaply made and very unreliable. IMO they just look good. They are great machine once you drop a ton of money on them changing all their weak points (CV Joints, Axels, front A-Arms, seats, harness, cage, grab bar, steering rack). The 2016 and up 1000s are known to catch on fire. Mostly the Turbo models.

This is just my personal opinion. This is my hobby and I know a ton of people with RZRs, YXZ, Maverick and X3s. Buy what suits you best for what you want, all I'm saying is...do your research first.

In the end, since I live in Georgia, a UTV is the way to have real fun. There is no place to really enjoy a Raptor around me. I get to do it all in my YXZ, go fast, jump, get muddy, run the race track, trail ride, etc. Best toy hands down and believe me, I've had a shit ton of toys in my time!

98bc48e3acefb1b7d743f6b75b82d723.jpg

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own and absolutely love my rzr xp1000 but I agree with this statement 100%. If I could do it again I'd go with can am.

Nice! Either or, I'd be happy! I miss my ATV and side-by-side days. Maybe will have to get back into it, hmmmm..........

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

If money is not an issue buy the Can-Am X3.

If you want reliability and most for your money, get the Yamaha YXZ. If you buy a 2016 you will safe 10k. The sequential shift is bad ass and will give you the total control experience. However, they are NOT Rock Crawlers. You can make it one by changing the gear ratios an getting bigger tires, but it will cost you money and you will still have the clutch. IMO auto is the way to go if you want to Rock Crawl. The YXZ is meant to go fast out of the box.

The Polaris are nice looking and they are the most popular. Honestly, I never understood why, because they are cheaply made and very unreliable. IMO they just look good. They are great machine once you drop a ton of money on them changing all their weak points (CV Joints, Axels, front A-Arms, seats, harness, cage, grab bar, steering rack). The 2016 and up 1000s are known to catch on fire. Mostly the Turbo models.

This is just my personal opinion. This is my hobby and I know a ton of people with RZRs, YXZ, Maverick and X3s. Buy what suits you best for what you want, all I'm saying is...do your research first.

In the end, since I live in Georgia, a UTV is the way to have real fun. There is no place to really enjoy a Raptor around me. I get to do it all in my YXZ, go fast, jump, get muddy, run the race track, trail ride, etc. Best toy hands down and believe me, I've had a shit ton of toys in my time!

98bc48e3acefb1b7d743f6b75b82d723.jpg

Great picture! It's funny, in my area, RZR's are what's popular, since they're the only game in town for a side-by-side with lots of power and a 50" or less width. Love CanAm products--have owned many Outlanders. Unfortunately, they have decided not to enter the 50" side-by-side market. The Forest Service is really serious about the 50" rule--all major trailheads have cement dividers that are spaced at only a few inches over 50....feels like you're really going through a needle hole with even an ATV.

Cool_Racer_79

Reaction score
Nice! Either or, I'd be happy! I miss my ATV and side-by-side days. Maybe will have to get back into it, hmmmm..........

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Great picture! It's funny, in my area, RZR's are what's popular, since they're the only game in town for a side-by-side with lots of power and a 50" or less width. Love CanAm products--have owned many Outlanders. Unfortunately, they have decided not to enter the 50" side-by-side market. The Forest Service is really serious about the 50" rule--all major trailheads have cement dividers that are spaced at only a few inches over 50....feels like you're really going through a needle hole with even an ATV.

What State are you in?

That's one thing that worries me. I'm in the Army and there is no telling where I would go next. The RZR900 are bullet proof from what I hear. If you are riding 50" trails a 900 should be more than capable. Most people always want the biggest and baddest but reality is you not always need that. For example, where I ride a Turbo is over kill. I barely use the full potential of my YXZ as it is.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What State are you in?

That's one thing that worries me. I'm in the Army and there is no telling where I would go next. The RZR900 are bullet proof from what I hear. If you are riding 50" trails a 900 should be more than capable. Most people always want the biggest and baddest but reality is you not always need that. For example, where I ride a Turbo is over kill. I barely use the full potential of my YXZ as it is.

Idaho, specifically North Idaho, so wide and open areas are few and far between. The large side x sides are only going to fit on regular vehicle traffic Forest Service roads, including fire and old logging roads. But there are a huge network of actual trails that you are not permitted to operate anything over 50" in width. You're totally right on--many guys (and gals for that matter) want the biggest, baddest machine in town, but for trails, a 900 is more than enough. I wanted a Maverick X3 as soon as CanAm rolled it out, but at 64" wide, it simply was too much a liability, in terms of what I would be restricted from. So, the RZR's are king here. The sales numbers aren't even close when you talk to a Polaris dealer and then take tally at a similarly sized CanAM dealer.