Raptor tire chains recommendations please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DooBs

Reaction score
Going to be taking the new Raptor on a snow trip next month.
I'm expecting the stock tires to do well, but just in case I'd like to have chains prepared.
I'm not familiar with snow chains and have never used them.
Trying to avoid buying ****** chains that don't help.

Anyone have specific chains or companies they recommend for the stock tires?

Thanks in advance! :headbang:

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KO2’a suck in the snow and tire chains can and will destroy your fenders if they break or come loose. Better off with different tires. Cheaper then the damage chains will do

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
KO2’a suck in the snow and tire chains can and will destroy your fenders if they break or come loose. Better off with different tires. Cheaper then the damage chains will do

I took the KO2s on a mountain trail with a foot of snow last weekend and thought the tires did really well. I wouldn’t have any reservations taking them out in all conditions.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can't use chains with stock wheels because there's not enough clearance between the tire and upper control arm... If you switch to methods or some other wheels that give more offset/back space you will have clearance for chains..

Search.. Many threads on this subject

Last edited:

Mikerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a4e88e5c38b4657cd20f6847d3429f8b.jpg

I have a set of 4 diamond pattern low profile chains. The manual says chains not recommended but does mention class s chains which are usually cables (cable chains are worth avoiding they break more often then not)

Big thing with chains is limit to 5mph and they are only for slick ice. If you can’t get there with your tires aired down to 8-10 psi and the locker in chains are not going to help.

I run studded goodyear duratracs and have had great luck with them in winter by every once in a while I need the chains to get safely back down a hill.

ab6765b4bbb3a7f408b0bdc07a2dddfd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

a4e88e5c38b4657cd20f6847d3429f8b.jpg

I have a set of 4 diamond pattern low profile chains. The manual says chains not recommended but does mention class s chains which are usually cables (cable chains are worth avoiding they break more often then not)

Big thing with chains is limit to 5mph and they are only for slick ice. If you can’t get there with your tires aired down to 8-10 psi and the locker in chains are not going to help.

I run studded goodyear duratracs and have had great luck with them in winter by every once in a while I need the chains to get safely back down a hill.

ab6765b4bbb3a7f408b0bdc07a2dddfd.jpg

And some MaxTrax it appears. :)

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just put on a set of Goodyear duratracs without studs. I didn’t even use 4wd with our first light snow fall in the NE. A++++ for these tires, way better than any BFgoodrich