Raptor Sticker Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MisterScott

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I saw a few black Raptors parked at the airport in Denver last week and they did not have the Raptor sticker package. Mine is black and has the sticker package and I'd like to remove them.

1. I picked the truck up the week after it was delivered to the dealership the last week of December 2017 and it has been mostly garaged. Is it too late to remove the stickers w/o having any differential fading?

2. Best way to remove them? I have used a hairdryer in the past and now I have a heat gun. But wanted to see if anyone had advice or cautionary tales on sticker removal.

Thanks in advance.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use a clothes steamer. It will heat the graphic for easy removal without damaging the paint.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, steam or a heat gun and warm day is all you need. I'm up in NoCo if you need a hand tackling it, I'm happy to help.

My Lightning Blue is at the airport nearly every week, I'm sure we've crossed paths.

OP
OP
MisterScott

MisterScott

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was able to get all 4 stickers off. The two Raptor stickers on the bed came off fine. The driver's side hood left two patches of adhesive on the hood. The passenger side hood was a f'ing nightmare and in terms of the surface area of the sticker, I bet 40% of the adhesive residue is left on the hood.

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have done mine but many say they like it. I kinda like the clean look myslef but I did cermaic coating on it now and not sure how that would work since they went over the decal.

OP
OP
MisterScott

MisterScott

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stickers were 750 I believe. I did look at the pile of them crumpled up in the garage and said to mysel there is 750 p!ssed away.

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3M Adhesive remover will take any residue right off as long as it's on metal or glass. Never use on plastic. It takes any sticker glue right off. I use it all around the house. Should be able to get a can at any parts store.