Raptor sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow9

Reaction score
I got my Raptor last Wednesday. It is my first Raptor. I came out of a 2015 Platinum f150. This new Raptor is awesome. I have a question. Is anyone even a little disappointed by the sound?? I must admit I miss the rumble of a bad ass engine. Granted, this Raptor is really fast but sounds just like my Platinum. Anyway way to change that?? I tried changing modes and the engine sound doesn't change. It is my DD so it's fine, I'd just like to hear a little rumble. Any ideas??

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question. Is anyone even a little disappointed by the sound???

Everyone is different, but since you asked, no. I like the noise the turbos make. And if it were a V8 and had a different sound I would probably like that too. The sound just isn't super important to me.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn up the radio, thats what I do. Definitely not the rumble of my old 6.2, but with this trucks performance, Ive gotten over it!!!

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the best mod you can do is turn the radio up lol.

no replacement for displacement, no matter how much you like them turbas.

OP
OP
S

Shadow9

Reaction score
I just didn't have anything to compare it to as I have never owned the gen 1 version. My car has an option of Sport mode that creates the rumble. I didn't know if maybe I was missing something on the Raptor. No truck even comes close to looking better.....