Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Raptor Sales Alltime Low

This is a discussion on Raptor Sales Alltime Low within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
I'm looking for an 800a with basic options and I'd have to finance at 6 year term to barely be ...

User Tag List

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 11:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I'm looking for an 800a with basic options and I'd have to finance at 6 year term to barely be able to afford. Over msrp and I definitely cannot afford it.

Hdscreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:03 PM   #12 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Robtor310 View Post
There are lot sitting on lots tho. Depends on the dealer. Theres a smaller dealer near my work (Orange County CA) with about 12 sitting there. I went to kick tires on them and they are stuck at 15k over firm. Some have been there for over a month. Not exactly selling like hot cakes...

The problem, at least at this particular dealer, is that with the initial hype you had 1-2 guys with deep pockets willing to pay whatever and the dealers thought they represented the masses. This dealer bought up all kinds of allocations, probably at 5k over or something, forcing them to sell at 15k ish over. Greedy ass dealer....
Any chance it's in Buena Park?
POPN427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

"GEN2 Foamer"

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by daiku View Post
Well,
I am willing to pay MSRP today if any dealers are seriously interested in selling a vehicle. Long gone are the days when the majority of people are willing to play that game. There are too many good alternative options out there for that to last. As a Ford shareholder, I think this reflects poorly on the company as well as the dealerships. If they are willing to do that to their potential customers, what happens after the sale?
For sure. MSRP is the only way to go for me too. All my local dealers wont get sh!t from me. I wont even buy an oil filter from them....
They do have a few hot chicks working there though so im semi torn. Might have to kick some tires...

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Originally Posted by POPN427 View Post
Fullerton, McCoy Mills, were you thinking lame ass Ken Grody?

Originally Posted by hkguns View Post
Kalifornia is not representative of the rest of the Country. Ford is selling all they can build. This cat is FOS.
Yea no doubt youre right. Not sure where his stats come from. 58% down? Compared to what 2014 Raptors, and in regards to price there are plenty of loaded King Ranches, Plattys and Limiteds in that range if not higher.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Originally Posted by hkguns View Post
Kalifornia is not representative of the rest of the Country. Ford is selling all they can build. This cat is FOS.
Ford sells all the vehicles it can make but as far as Ford dealers selling well those sells move a bit slower. My usual Ford dealer has 10 Raptors sitting cause they are marked up $10k over.
Hdscreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:13 PM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Yes! Can't wait to stop by with my new Raptor and say....Hi!
SOAKINRED likes this.
POPN427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Default I won't buy from my Local Dealer either... EVER!
I agree with you about the local dealer. If they want to treat their customers like that, it says more to me than any advertising or sales pitch on which they spend money. I went in, here on the California Central Coast wine country, near San Luis Obispo, interested in ordering a pretty loaded Raptor, and they said they wanted 8K over MSRP! I almost laughed in their face, but was more annoyed than anything.
I had hoped we had passed the days when dealers played these games, with the Internet, but I guess not. It is too bad, if they had treated me right, I had it in mind to buy a Mustang as well.

Guess someone else will get those two sales.

Maybe dealers are reading and can respond. They will get my business for sure.
daiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

"GEN2 Foamer"

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Yes! Can't wait to stop by with my new Raptor and say....Hi!
Originally Posted by daiku View Post
I agree with you about the local dealer. If they want to treat their customers like that, it says more to me than any advertising or sales pitch on which they spend money. I went in, here on the California Central Coast wine country, near San Luis Obispo, interested in ordering a pretty loaded Raptor, and they said they wanted 8K over MSRP! I almost laughed in their face, but was more annoyed than anything.
I had hoped we had passed the days when dealers played these games, with the Internet, but I guess not. It is too bad, if they had treated me right, I had it in mind to buy a Mustang as well.

Guess someone else will get those two sales.

Maybe dealers are reading and can respond. They will get my business for sure.
Well there are plenty that feel like we do and this has been debated many times before but a free market is a free market. All we can do is stay the course.
SOAKINRED, Mink and POPN427 like this.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

IF this is true it wouldn't surprise me simply because the truck is a pain in the ass to buy.... Priced OVER retail in most cases and the wait it horrible.

...Still buying and can't wait!
BBLV and PAW RAPTOR like this.

THESE RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST
JetDriver480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I havent seen a raptor stay on a dealership lot more then a week (I take that back, the only dealer I know of in Michigan that has them in stock is asking $15k over sticker)....everyone else at $5k or so over sticker sells in a week or less. $2k over and they sell same day or so.
byz250f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:35 AM   #20 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 381 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Hdscreens View Post
I'm looking for an 800a with basic options and I'd have to finance at 6 year term to barely be able to afford. Over msrp and I definitely cannot afford it.
If you can barely afford this truck, perhaps you need to reconsider and get something else. I am not a Financial expert but think about what you are getting yourself into but I would look at getting a GEN1, believe me they are fun too and they do not disappoint.

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16'/17' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is online now   Reply With Quote