Raptor Sales Alltime Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor has never been a bargain vehicle. If you were purchasing new between '10-'14 you either leveraged a good credit score/down payment or had a good amount of disposable income. At no point in time was the Raptor a blue collar truck.

Piranharaptor

Reaction score
I got an 801a screw w nav. and a few other options for 57K...super nice vehicle for that price. the only thing that it should have for the money is dual climate control. Ive had several folks ride in it and cant believe they paid more for their F150s.
this was an expensive vehicle for me.
sweep everything this rig has in a pile and its worth the price.
simply nothing else like it at any price.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flood Ford in RI has 3. 2 SCREWS (White, Blue), 1 SCAB (Blue). SCREWS are priced at 93 and 94k. SCAB is 77K. Obviously this is ridiculous and might contribute to why a lot of dealers have them sitting. Also I think the hype for the truck was not as big because of the higher price tags then the GEN 1.

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flood Ford in RI has 3. 2 SCREWS (White, Blue), 1 SCAB (Blue). SCREWS are priced at 93 and 94k. SCAB is 77K. Obviously this is ridiculous and might contribute to why a lot of dealers have them sitting. Also I think the hype for the truck was not as big because of the higher price tags then the GEN 1.

How could anyone possibly think that with all the upgraded technology and untold millions invested in the new GEN2, that it wouldn't be higher in price than a GEN1?

Apparently the hype is doing pretty good as most people are paying ADM to obtain the vehicle they want!

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How could anyone possibly think that with all the upgraded technology and untold millions invested in the new GEN2, that it wouldn't be higher in price than a GEN1?

Apparently the hype is doing pretty good as most people are paying ADM to obtain the vehicle they want!

I just think that once you break the low 60's price range you also break into a different customer base. As with the GEN 1 early on 11 Screws you could get loaded for under $45k. Now as the hype built from 11 on they got increasingly more expensive as did the pickup market as a whole but I still think most people who really wanted looked at 50-55k as doable and now you have 60k+. I'm not saying that they are not selling at all, just this might contribute to lower sales for the moment.

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just think that once you break the low 60's price range you also break into a different customer base. As with the GEN 1 early on 11 Screws you could get loaded for under $45k. Now as the hype built from 11 on they got increasingly more expensive as did the pickup market as a whole but I still think most people who really wanted looked at 50-55k as doable and now you have 60k+. I'm not saying that they are not selling at all, just this might contribute to lower sales for the moment.

Every year the GEN1 was made, Ford upped the price and people paid. 2017 people are paying 70k plus ADM and they are selling. 2018 the price will probably go up and people will buy them!

I understand your point, but reality is people are buying them. I would have to assume that most people who know about raptors and want to buy one, are already willing to shell out the money to get what they want!

Piranharaptor

Reaction score

In 2009 I was going to wait for a raptor but needed a truck then. I bought a Tundra sr5 4x4 TRD for 34K sticker (I paid way less than sticker). You cant touch a comparable 2017 Toyota Tundra for that now. I think all trucks have gone up quite a bit.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a SCAB 801 with base wheels. I paid 56k I think.

I added 4.10 front axle. Nav and sync connect.

I don't even need a garage door opener because I am too poor for a garage big enough to fit my truck in.

I like it. *Shrug*

BeEatNU

Reaction score
Any chance it's in Buena Park?

They did that too, even tried to buy my Raptor at 10k

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

While you are correct, I think I paid in total like $65k for my raptor (not including tax) so an extra $5k for my current 2017 isn't too bad

IGOU

Reaction score
I paid abut $65K for my 2014 SCREW, also. But, I added quite a few after-market goodies, thru the dealership. I wasn't even there. I was out of state. Probably not the best deal I ever made, but at the time I wanted/needed one and felt the price didn't really matter. It was deductible, after all!
Anyway, older and wiser now?? Probably not, I'm really itching for the new ones!!