Raptor ride quality / interior noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinkrevolutionx

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bear with me here. I know that it's designed as an offroad machine etc. However, due to the suspension setup I've heard it absorbs road imperfections quite well, and the gen1 raptor was actually tested and found to be incredibly quiet inside. Even moreso then some large luxury sedans.

I drive one of those luxury sedans now, and have a pickup that i'm just not happy with. I need the bed in the pickup for various reasons, but I want to consolidate and hold on to as much luxury and refinement as I can while still having utility - in one vehicle.

Anyone in a similar position or can lend some insight?

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like Comfort ~ With that said, my Gen 2 is incredibly quiet inside. I have no rattles, taps, or random funky noises on the inside.

The ride itself is a bit "Stiffer" than my 4runner ... When a bump is absorbed, it feels like it was done with a purpose ~ Its hard for me to explain. Going over bumps, road imperfections, etc... With a luxury vehicle ~ I feel like it rolls through said imperfection. Like floating on a cloud. With the Gen 2, you feel it, but the rebound rate is quite a bit faster and to the point.

This may just make sense in my head, but that's about as best as I can explain in words.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bear with me here. I know that it's designed as an offroad machine etc. However, due to the suspension setup I've heard it absorbs road imperfections quite well, and the gen1 raptor was actually tested and found to be incredibly quiet inside. Even moreso then some large luxury sedans.

I drive one of those luxury sedans now, and have a pickup that i'm just not happy with. I need the bed in the pickup for various reasons, but I want to consolidate and hold on to as much luxury and refinement as I can while still having utility - in one vehicle.

Anyone in a similar position or can lend some insight?

I have had my 2017 Raptor for several weeks now and have also driven a 2017 Ford Limited and a 2017 Ford Super Duty (I won't bore you with the details on why I drove the other two trucks, but they were loaners while the dealer was working on my Raptor.). All said and done, I love the ride on the Raptor. The interior is extremely quiet (they must have used a lot of sound insulation), no rattles, and everything feels really solid. The ride is fantastic for a truck, but keep in mind it is a truck. The front takes bumps really well, but the back end sometimes has a slight jiggle.

In comparison to the other two trucks, I like the ride much better than the 2017 Limited which also did fairly well for a truck, but it definitely isn't the same, or as nice. As for the Super Duty, it was fun driving the 6.7 turbo diesel with 925 ft lbs of torque, but it is definitely not a good daily driver if you want a comfortable ride. The front took bumps fairly well, but you felt absolutely everything the rear hit.

All said and done, the Raptor is a verrrrryyyy nice ride, but it still retains some truck qualities that you would be disappointed with in a luxury car.