GEN 2 Raptor power/torque release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
of course, there are always risk of breaking stuff when you mod the car. I don't know how good is Ford on detecting custom tunes. But most tunes are reversible back to OEM tune. Usually mild tune only increase the boost by 1-3 psi. That being said, Ford might have a way to notice you had a flash before. But on the case of my old Subaru STI, the factory tune is just crap...it was safer to get the car tuned with correct AFR.

Ford is releasing factory tuners for their motors that retain factory warranty. They will obviously be more conservative than a pro tune but at least its a tune that keeps the warranty....

kevin85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is releasing factory tuners for their motors that retain factory warranty. They will obviously be more conservative than a pro tune but at least its a tune that keeps the warranty....

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. I just hope Ford won't be like BMW, where they charge $2000 for a flash and intake.

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone is so caught up on these peak power and peak lb.ft torque speculated numbers. How about the talk about where in the rpm band the power/torque are applied and come on strong. This "li'l TTv6 that could" will be generating majority way down low in the 2-3000rpm range. :evillol:

Besides...these numbers being thrown around (and eventually released from Ford) are only BHP numbers anyhow. I'm hoping there will be less parasitic loss through the new 10spd auto trans so that we will actually be able to utilize more of the power/torque. :burnout:

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the 450/500 numbers are correct. I suppose most would be happy with that combination.

Dern tootin'! And if the potential for power gains from a simple custom tune (with regard to a percentage of the stock power) from the previous generation Ecoboost holds true, I'll be absolutely ecstatic!

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dern tootin'! And if the potential for power gains from a simple custom tune (with regard to a percentage of the stock power) from the previous generation Ecoboost holds true, I'll be absolutely ecstatic!

I predict happiness in your future.