GEN 2 Raptor power/torque release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are already people that payed huge mark ups on gen 1s and the ecopoop already costs way to much for what it is, might as well pay some more and get a motor that doesn't make you want to take a drill to your eardrums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it makes you feel any better I heard there's gonna be fake engine note through the speakers lol
Don't mind the trolling but hold strong friend just like last gen I'm sure they will have a second engine option next year. Let them know which one you the consumer prefers. I just hope it's not a 1st gen ecoboost v8 with problems of its own.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better I heard there's gonna be fake engine note through the speakers lol

Don't mind the trolling but hold strong friend just like last gen I'm sure they will have a second engine option next year. Let them know which one you the consumer prefers. I just hope it's not a 1st gen ecoboost v8 with problems of its own.

I'm not invested in it either way really, Im happy with my gen 1 and I like a lot of other gen 1 owners with quite a few mods into their projects wouldn't start with a raptor if I was going to do it over again anyways. I would like to see them offer another motor though.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are already people that payed huge mark ups on gen 1s and the ecopoop already costs way to much for what it is, might as well pay some more and get a motor that doesn't make you want to take a drill to your eardrums.

:lol:

You'd think the "ecopoop" is going to be an anemic, gutless V6. I guess just because it won't "sound" as cool as a V8, it's basically useless? We're already quite sure the hp number will be at least 450. If that's the case, the torque number should be north of 500. I can't see how that can be spinned as anything but very powerful, regardless of the number of cylinders.

Last edited:

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't blame a guy for wanting tried n true natty performance. Sounds like he's sittin pretty on a solid svt vehicle. There's always Hennessy power upgrades.
I'm with you 100 percent though I walked out of the dealer on a 14 screw in white because it just didn't fit my criteria. Money's been sittin in the bank for 6 years and I'm glad I waited. Lighter and more powerful sounds so much better than an exhaust note. Silly as it sounds it came down to being stuck with the sync 2 system. I heard it's a nightmare and the 3 sounds pretty impressive so far. I'll probably wait at least until my birthday in April to check in with my dealer. By then they might be in order instead of allocation. Not too worried though the hunt is my favorite part I think.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right. Nothing in the world wrong with the old 6.2. However, it is "old" tech, tried and true notwithstanding. Additionally, there's nothing that's not tried and true about the Ecoboost. Turbos and direct injection certainly aren't anything new, and there are well north of a million Ecoboost trucks on the roads now. The only inherent, nagging issue is that of the moisture in the intercooler, but that issue, by and large, was specific to the 11s and 12s.

For me, the only things that are up in the air with regard to the new platform are the PI/DI combo and the 10 speed transmission. That said, those also happen to be the things that I'm most excited to experience.

Last edited:

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right. Nothing in the world wrong with the old 6.2. However, it is "old" tech, tried and true notwithstanding. Additionally, there's nothing that's not tried and true about the Ecoboost. Turbos and direct injection certainly aren't anything new, and there are well north of a million Ecoboost trucks on the roads now. The only inherent, nagging issue is that of the moisture in the intercooler, but that issue, by and large, was specific to the 11s and 12s.

For me, the only things that are up in the air with regard to the new platform are the MPFI/DI combo and the 10 speed transmission. That said, those also happen to be the things that I'm most excited to experience.

What's up with the fuel injection thing? Is it not reliable? I read the new taco trucks use it and figured the problem was fixed with that misfire.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's up with the fuel injection thing? Is it not reliable? I read the new taco trucks use it and figured the problem was fixed with that misfire.

Is it unreliable? Who knows? That's just it. As far as Ford's use of this particular fuel delivery system goes, it's just new. So, reliability remains to be seen. That's all.

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it unreliable? Who knows? That's just it. As far as Ford's use of this particular fuel delivery system goes, it's just new. So, reliability remains to be seen. That's all.

Cool thanks for clarifying. What do you think of the brakes? Haven't anything on if they're gonna be brembos from last gen or not. I'm betting They axed the brembos due to the weight loss. Cost saving measures.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Get a room, you two.

Hey man! I'm just psyched to finally talk to people about this stuff. Raptor forumz is still pretty dormant.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Cool thanks for clarifying. What do you think of the brakes? Haven't anything on if they're gonna be brembos from last gen or not. I'm betting They axed the brembos due to the weight loss. Cost saving measures.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Hey man! I'm just psyched to finally talk to people about this stuff. Raptor forumz is still pretty dormant.

That's because Z forums are full of a bunch of tards