Raptor Perks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got clocked doing 90 in a 50.

It was on a back road in Southern Illinois at about 11pm. The officer came to the window and said "first things first, this is a badass truck. Is this the new Raptor that just came out?" I said, "yes sir, it is the 2017." He said, "I can't blame you for going fast, but now it is time to get down to business."

5 minutes later he gives me the ticket for 15 over. I am sure it could have been much worse.

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got clocked doing 90 in a 50.

It was on a back road in Southern Illinois at about 11pm. The officer came to the window and said "first things first, this is a badass truck. Is this the new Raptor that just came out?" I said, "yes sir, it is the 2017." He said, "I can't blame you for going fast, but now it is time to get down to business."

5 minutes later he gives me the ticket for 15 over. I am sure it could have been much worse.

In a lot of states, regardless of speed limit, going over 85 is a felony and requires a court appearance.

So yeah could be much worse. Glad you got out of it.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
In a lot of states, regardless of speed limit, going over 85 is a felony and requires a court appearance.

So yeah could be much worse. Glad you got out of it.

Not in Texas, hell 85 is the speed limit on some parts of the new 130 tollway in the Austin area.

Last edited:

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Illinois isn't known for it's leniency. Used to be that every time we drove to Chicago for a weekend, we'd factor a speeding ticket into the budget.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You got really lucky…You could have lost your license.
My couple neighbors are cops and I have their PBA cards that i used may be twice in the last 8 years, not for speeding, though. Just stupid stuff…. But again i do not enjoy super high speeds, things can happen very quickly and its a lot of truck to stop, for sure. But again my wife calls me "grandpa". lol

Do not judge me. lol

Last edited:

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Illinois isn't known for it's leniency. Used to be that every time we drove to Chicago for a weekend, we'd factor a speeding ticket into the budget.

Hence the reason that I am avoiding Illinois on my trip from Detroit to Dallas here in a few weeks.

Well, that, and Texas CHL reciprocity. Additionally, I don't want to spend any money in Illinois if I can help it (for the previously mentioned reasons).

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your lucky. I've been told straight from a IL state trooper he no longer writes tickets for less then what the gun says. Someone took him to court and got a ticket thrown out because he put a lower number then what was on the gun. All it takes is one *******.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
Your lucky. I've been told straight from a IL state trooper he no longer writes tickets for less then what the gun says. Someone took him to court and got a ticket thrown out because he put a lower number then what was on the gun. All it takes is one *******.

Interesting, it's actually our policy to round down. Example: If radar says 42, we write for 40. 47 would be written for 45, etc. Unless it's a school zone, then we write for what the radar says. We also don't write unless it's 10+ over. We can stop for 49 in 40 or whatever, but we don't cite for that. Or you're not suppose to anyway. There's always that POP option.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
20 over in AZ is Criminal and get's you a court date. Most cop's don't want to write it but some driver's earn it based on their behavior (arrogance) during the stop. No you didn't pay my salary... I was reserve and didn't make shit.