Raptor Overland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Serge, welcome to the truck world!

So getting another home in Sedona? What made you decide there? Nothing wrong with it at all, love the place, but was just curious.

Hey B,

I've being visiting Sedona on and off for almost fifteen years. Mrs soulsea and I love the place ... not the whole spiritual industry and drive by tourism on the way to the Grand Canyon, but mostly the relative isolation one can find there whilst still being near to cities like Phoenix and Vegas. We're looking at houses outside of the main strip either down Red Rock Loop or up by Boynton Canyon. Just somewhere where we can stare at uninterrupted skies, enjoy high desert seasons, I can indulge in off roading, the occasional meditation on top of a vortex, space between me and other humans, and stunning country to explore both in the vicinity and throughout the SW. Too small of a place to live full time, for us anyway, but a great place to spend 2/3 months a year.

On my last road trip out West last summer when I did 10k miles in three weeks, I remember going past Mexican Hat, up Moki Dugway, and driving behind Lake Powel though Hite on my way to SLC and barely seeing another car for hours ... that sort of spacing opens my heart wide open to breathe deep breaths, and there's very few places in the world where one can have access to that whilst still finding a Hampton Inn. :)

Last edited:

4x4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to be a great build! Looking forward to following it.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meeting with ADD next Thursday ... rally looking forward to it.

I have a question ...

Does anyone know what lift, wheel, tire combo this is on what I've been told is Ken Block's Raptor?

Raptor17.jpg

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Meeting with ADD next Thursday ... rally looking forward to it.

I have a question ...

Does anyone know what lift, wheel, tire combo this is on what I've been told is Ken Block's Raptor?

As found here:
Hoonigan Racing | Garage

F-150_Raptor
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
From day trips snowboarding or mountain biking with family and friends to hauling his wakeboarding boat or just rolling around town, Ken Block’s Ford Raptor F-150 is the perfect vehicle for his active lifestyle.
Power: 450hp / Torque: 510 ft·lb.
Body: 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew®. Matte black vinyl wrap.
Engine: 3.5L V6 EcoBoost® High Output with Auto Start/Stop.
Transmission: SelectShift® automatic transmission with Progressive Range Select, 10-speed with Tow/Haul Mode
Suspension: Long-travel suspension with unique front upper and lower control arms and tie rods.
Brakes: Four-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes.
Interior: OEM seats. Ford Sync.
Wheels: Fifteen 52 Forged 2pc Turbomac HD.
Tires: Toyo Tires OPEN COUNTRY R/T (on-/off-road Rugged Terrain tire).

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the moonroof is a bad idea for a truck that's going to see a lot off aggressive off roading ... both from a structural point of view and from eventually being able to add accessories to the roof like racks or lights?

Thanks

4x4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same. My thinking is structurally, it is a body on frame design so all the strength should come from the frame but I could be wrong. Now as far as accessories like roof rack and lights most likely the full roof will be better. I really do not open my moonroof, but I do keep the cover open a bunch to let the sun light in. I was thinking I could get a safari rack on top and still get the same benefit of the sun light.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the moonroof on my truck, and I love it. However, if I were in your situation and buying a truck for your stated purpose, I'd pass on the moonroof. I've heard they're susceptible to issues when doing a lot of off-roading. I noticed at least one of the trucks a Raptor Assault had a huge crack in it, no doubt due to the conditions that those trucks are subjected to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I passed on the sunroof. Too problematic in general, judging from others' experiences - I don't think they'll last if jostled around regularly.

Plus I've had 5 cars with sunroofs, and 3 of those had problems. Not worth it.

On the other hand, driving it for the first time yesterday I did think it would have been cool to have one. Not that I'd order it differently if I did it again, but they are pretty cool.