Raptor Overland

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dizzydog

Reaction score
Ha, if you can stand the look of them they would certainly be useful with 1 offset wheels like mine.

Prolly not needed on OEM offset wheels.

Im actually not sure of the offset on mine. I know it has 18" rims and the bigger KO2's on it so it probably is similar to yours.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There needed with OEM wheels and tires, both Gen I and II

Throw crap all over the door handles. Sure if you don't drive much in muddy/snowy roads...but even at that all the gravel pieces and debris throw up on my side doors...no thanks.
Worst was mud and ice, before mud flaps were on, hand would get all nasty opening the door, once I had to bust the frozen mud and ice back off to even open the door. After that front mudflaps were a must.

The Vortex ones looked the best, IMO, went the vents as it more so matched the hood vents, but they didn't last with the ice, broke two off even after excess glue and supports.

Went to the PDP and haven't had a problem yet, but yet convinced for serious ice buildup a softer flap would be better. Haven't quite put the PDP's thru the same abuse, but so far they have held up much better.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked her up today from ADD after they installed the +3 Deaver springs, readjusted the front SVC collars to level, and realigned. She sits a little higher now, but more importantly rides a LOT better. All the weight in the bed was just too much for the OEM springs and she was getting sloppy from side to side ... now the sloppiness is gone, it feels a lot more planted at higher speeds, without sacrificing any of the ride quality. Super happy with the result.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha, if you can stand the look of them they would certainly be useful with 1 offset wheels like mine.

Prolly not needed on OEM offset wheels.

Doesn't Matter, Stock wheels and Nitto Trail Grapplers LT315/70R17 on my GEN 1. Every f*ing time it rains, only 150 yards off pavement driving into the job site. Could never convince myself that mudflaps would look good.

Attachments

• IMG_0388 (2).jpg
    IMG_0388 (2).jpg
    128 KB · Views: 74

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Schnebly is really pretty but that lower section is slowwww. You must air down if you're going to have any fun.
You should take 89 north and go check out the fire roads west of Forest Highlands, including 'edge of the world'. That's a faster area with great views from the plateau down south towards Sedona.

Throw crap all over the door handles.
Just wait till you start running hard in the desert - you get a nice rock blasted look to the leading edge of the bed. Looks like it's taken a few hits of birdshot. Still looking for a solution in that area.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrap it. I most always leave the desert with what looks like deep pinstriping. Mostly due to my 14 old bashing into all sorts of thorny plants. Amazingly there is never a scratch.

If you spent $70K and you are going to use your truck - wrap it.

Attachments

• IMG_6384.jpg
    IMG_6384.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 90

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, i've always been tempted to wrap it but had concerns over the bigger branches tearing the film. My truck is usually the widest thing on the trail so I get a LOT of pinstriping. Are there some films that are tougher than others?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm, i've always been tempted to wrap it but had concerns over the bigger branches tearing the film. My truck is usually the widest thing on the trail so I get a LOT of pinstriping. Are there some films that are tougher than others?

so like it would be easier to have a single panel re wrapped than a whole door re painted lol. i feel like that would be an easy question to answer in your head.

and if its digging in enough to pull the wrap off you will likely have a much larger problem on your hands. that shit stayyyyys.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Xpel Ultimate on the entire truck and have had good results. No peeling or tearing and we beat it up.