Raptor order finally getting pulled dropped Carbon Fiber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got that call I have been waiting for since Aug 17/18, although not exactly what I expected. Dealer said that Ford will pull my order if I dropped the CF option. I was number 4 in priority at my dealer priority code of 13. I had sent the dealer an E mail last month about possibly dropping the CF option but he wanted me to confirm. Will let you know how it is going when I get my VIN, etc. I am pumped. I am paying MSRP. I am located in SC.

nick731

Reaction score
congrats! We had a weird thing happen, ordered 10/7 with no updates since. Then a few days ago we added carbon fiber to our order and the next day we got an update and an ETA for delivery date. (2/22) :crazy:

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ive been talking to a bunch of dealers lately in 3 different states and all of them said the CF could hold up the build as of right now.

nick731

Reaction score
That is weird. We were thinking maybe our date was far enough out where they didn't think it would be a problem anymore. Guess we will see, will post up if we hear different.

OP
OP
pughde

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is overpriced at $900 but I thought it looked cool. When spending 69K plus it was small change.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Yep, pulled the cf and got a build date within 10 days afterward.

nick731

Reaction score
that is the common theme we've heard but just strange that we actually added it to the order and got scheduled the following couple days. Hopefully it sticks =)

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I don't understand the whole CF issue, or haven't seen an answer mentioned. Has anyone heard from Ford about why CF is being eliminated?

nick731

Reaction score
Haven't heard anything about elimination, but have read about the possible delays etc. Info seems as solid as a lot of info currently, which isn't totally reliable lol.