Raptor off the line acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently own a 2017 raptor. Fully loaded, except no heated steering wheel or heated rear seats. It has 802a and technology package.

First off I love the truck ! I have owned it since January 26. Bought it with 7500 miles on it in excellent condition.

Ok , today I was at a stop light and I was in a off/right lane that eventually merged into one lane in about 200-300 yards. I chose the right lane because there were 5 cars in the left lane, and the right lane was wide open. What I did was perfectly legal, but when you are in the right lane, you need to get out ahead of the traffic in the left lane before the two lanes merge into one. Light turns green and I take off a little quick, but not burning the tires or pedal to the floor, maybe half throttle, just enough to clear the left lane of traffic. Well next to me was a Chevy cross over suv and he decided he not let me in and he put his pedal to the floor. I had to really get on it, I probably had my pedal down to three quarters throttle to the floor in comfort mode. I was shocked that I just cleared him barely. I thought I would have blown by him.

My question is all the reports have the raptor doing 0-60 in 5.1 seconds. If this truck does 5.1 seconds I should have walked away from the Chevy cross over. I was in normal mode. I have not driven the raptor in sport mode yet.

My question is does sport mode bring this truck to life or are the 0-60 times highly exaggerated. Just curious from raptor owners who have a lot more experience than me. Thanks.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1) this is dumb
2) those 0-60s are taken in optimal conditions
3) if he’s flooring it and you go from 1/2 to 3/4 throttle of course he’s going to have a better shot than you
4) normal mode shifts much more conservatively than sport mode
5) you probably weren’t getting very much boost since you weren’t on the skinny pedal

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info guys, as I am still learning the truck.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
1) this is dumb
2) those 0-60s are taken in optimal conditions
3) if he’s flooring it and you go from 1/2 to 3/4 throttle of course he’s going to have a better shot than you
4) normal mode shifts much more conservatively than sport mode
5) you probably weren’t getting very much boost since you weren’t on the skinny pedal

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

this. My truck breaks 37s loose if you goose it off the line. It seems that the Gen2s don't really let their balls hang out with anything less than full throttle, but when they do, it is all grins.

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too close for comfort (mode)
Pedal commander should help with this.

Everyone wants to race the Raptor, their so cute.:flipthebird:

BlackEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was not a trail blazer ss. It was chevy’s equivalent of the Toyota Highlander. SUV cross over.

Silly me..lol. What was I thinking?

fkxN5f

4ifQvx

Aren't the highlander and the trailblazer the same class of vehicle and didn't they compete in the same market segment from 2006-2008? I could be wrong.