Raptor Lore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Starting a new thread....

Once upon a time. Before I owned my Raptor.....

I went off roading, Roaring and bouncing, (Thank God for seat belts) With my friend in his Raptor.....
The rest is Raptor lore, legendary bucking bronco awesomeness, filled with giggles and smiles. Praying the seat belt doesn't snap the hell in half....Those who know, already know!

Calling all FRF members

What got you HOOKED on getting your first Raptor?

Start it off with-

Once upon a time, before I owned my Raptor.........

Jeffola

Reaction score
Once upon a time, before I owned my Raptor....

I was at my local Ford dealer picking up a new 2010 Explorer and they had a white SCAB, I was instantly hooked. I drove the explorer for a few months and finally ordered my first Molten Orange SCAB with 5.4l motor. When the 2011 was announced I immediately ordered another Raptor int he see Molten Orange but in a four door.

Now I pathetically check COTUS daily waiting for my next Raptor (a lightening Blue Super Crew, 802) to be scheduled and built. I sold my 2011 in 2013 when I moved south and I find the want to once again own a truck.

The rest is history. Happy waiting.

acg90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time. Before I almost-owned a Raptor.....

I had a 2001 Dodge Viper GTS with 15,000 miles, and a basic daily driving Ford Fusion to rack up miles. The Viper was/is my dream car but I hated not being able to drive it a good portion of the year and I hated having to rely on the government to plow my roads before I could leave my house. The Raptor will be replacing both cars and serve as my daily driver that I can still have some fun with in any weather scenarios.

Attachments

• Raptor viper.jpg
    Raptor viper.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 49

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time
I went to the Ford store to trade in my F250 diesel for another newer one. Got in a new Raptor SCREW and the wife said, "this is what you need" and I wanted it. Of course, we drive off in old faithful, another F250 diesel. When word came out that Gen. 1 and the 6.2L is coming to a end, I was told "now or never!" Just the nudge I needed, the search began in earnest. Bout two weeks, Ruby Red is mine. Now got the FINEST truck I have ever owned!!

brc misfit

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once upon a time, before I owned my Raptor....
I read an article in car and driver, 2009 - 2010. started saving and in 2014 bought my screw terrain.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time, I was out in the driveway when my wife came up and asked me what I was doing.

I told her that my X5 was low on fluids. She asked which fluids and I said, "All of them?"

So she rolls her eyes and says she thought I was going to buy a truck, to which I say, "Not yet, I'm waiting until I can get a better deal."

And so the wife goes, "Just order the damned truck already."

So I ordered the damned truck.

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time...

feeling overwhelmed driving an awd sedan in the far off land known as Northern Michigan I decided to buy a beautiful black F-150 . That truck was dubbed 'black beauty' because it looked like a black stallion and performed awesome in some craptastically cold conditions for me. Sadly 'the Man' decided to station me in a big ol' nasty congested city where I was forced to live in a town home and parallel park every day so I was forced to sell 'black beauty'. I swore that day that I would one day own the biggest meanest truck (and new, sorry gen1) in the land.

That day has come...

Also I live in Alaska and winters suck again

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time...

feeling overwhelmed driving an awd sedan in the far off land known as Northern Michigan I decided to buy a beautiful black F-150 . That truck was dubbed 'black beauty' because it looked like a black stallion and performed awesome in some craptastically cold conditions for me. Sadly 'the Man' decided to station me in a big ol' nasty congested city where I was forced to live in a town home and parallel park every day so I was forced to sell 'black beauty'. I swore that day that I would one day own the biggest meanest truck (and new, sorry gen1) in the land.

That day has come...

Also I live in Alaska and winters suck again[/QUOTE
CORRECTION---
That day will come----someday!:ROFLJest::ROFLJest::crazy:LOL