GEN 2 Raptor Emissions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a question and I hope someone knows? Early on I heard that all Raptors were to be built with CA emissions, is that that true?

Reason I am asking is a have found a few allocations but when the out of state dealer goes to put in the order it wont let them select CA Emissions? Only lets them select 49 state??

Anyone know what the deal is?

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptors are not all CA legal, as you've seen it is a no cost option when ordering

CA emissions are required for around 15 CARB states now not just CA

Ford is like other OEMs, only the CARB states and surrounding ones can add the CA option ie an Oklahoma dealer probably would not be able to order a CA vehicle

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptors are not all CA legal, as you've seen it is a no cost option when ordering

Ford is like other OEMs, only the CARB states and surrounding ones can add the CA option ie an Oklahoma dealer probably would not be able to order a CA vehicle

I'm curious - I thought all 2017 F-150 were 50-state legal... I wonder if the $0 adder is just a different sticker under the hood?

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't speak to all 2017 F150s but I doubt they will make them 50 state until the law requires it - will be soon

See this Raptor from Performance Ford in Charlotte NC

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTFW1RG3HFA40208

No CA emissions listed under optional equipment

When you try to register it in a CARB state, you'll be denied and stuck scrambling to get a friend in a no CARB state to register it for you under their name

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd move

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

With all the speed camera traps it's a small fortune to speed esp in NY

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I live in CA, but I ordered from Ohio, a non-CARB state. Just saw this and freaked out. Went through my VOC and noticed that it does in fact have CA emissions included as a no cost option, so I think I'm ok and my dealer knows what they are doing. I'd assume any dealer could add, but they many might not know they need to.