Raptor drifting on the Nurburing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw that yesterday. I bet the guys running behind that didn't appreciate the debris on the track... LOL

Morn

Reaction score
Good stuff. Too bad they don't have a longer version where we can actually see a single drift end to end without any editing.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems pretty obvious to me no one else was there :crazy:

That track is always busy. They would have to pay a copious amount to rent it for a day to shoot 10 seconds of footage. People shell out nearly $25 a lap and the line runs down the street.

LoganR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That track is always busy. They would have to pay a copious amount to rent it for a day to shoot 10 seconds of footage. People shell out nearly $25 a lap and the line runs down the street.

And it’s Ford... manufacturers do it all the time. Hence the donuts on the track, the camera car, multiple shots for the same part of track (you don’t really think they ran multiple laps do you?). Again, obvious.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The track is frequently closed for events and has daily operating hours like any other business. Often the manufactures will run in the morning before the track opens to the public.

Nurburgring calendar and opening times

For safety reasons, they would never allow something like this to be filmed when the track is open to the public. Same goes for all the other high-speed runs you see videoed.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The track is frequently closed for events and has daily operating hours like any other business. Often the manufactures will run in the morning before the track opens to the public.

Nurburgring calendar and opening times

For safety reasons, they would never allow something like this to be filmed when the track is open to the public. Same goes for all the other high-speed runs you see videoed.

Understood. With the issues they experienced with that GTR going off the track and I believe killing someone, I figured they were clamping down on the speed trials. I’ve still seen Porsche GT2 pull the record time so I guess it’s still an option.

The issue revolves around a recent lawsuit where a motorcyclist on a track day hit a sandbag that should not have been where it was. This was at Laguna and the track is being sued, along with the promoter. While I realize this was a closed track, this is the kind of stuff that lines them up for issues.

If the purpose was to pull a track time for some sort of record, I think it would be rather cool. Drifting on the other hand, is not what the Ring is about.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Understood. With the issues they experienced with that GTR going off the track and I believe killing someone, I figured they were clamping down on the speed trials. I’ve still seen Porsche GT2 pull the record time so I guess it’s still an option.

The issue revolves around a recent lawsuit where a motorcyclist on a track day hit a sandbag that should not have been where it was. This was at Laguna and the track is being sued, along with the promoter. While I realize this was a closed track, this is the kind of stuff that lines them up for issues.

If the purpose was to pull a track time for some sort of record, I think it would be rather cool. Drifting on the other hand, is not what the Ring is about.
:specialed: