Raptor Assault - Detailed Course Overview

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the letter in the mail as well and then everything is booked up for 2018. Hopefully 2019 dates come out later in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep searching dates, find an opening and sign up.

I was told via the web it was full and was having issues talking to someone, so I started going thru the dates until I found an opening with a slot that would work for me so I signed up for that. It all worked out for me. Called and emailed them a week/two before event and verified I was yet on the list.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Attended 8-13-2018. It was 100% worth it for me and I recommend going if you can. FYI...there was an empty spot in our session.

I thought that it was a first class event. Yes, there could have been more track time and more Baja time, but for what it is and the time available, the event was terrific.

I learned new skills, and left with a better understanding what the various modes will do.

PS...the instructors are now recommending tire pressures of 32 psi front, 28 psi back.

PPS...I highly recommend the Red Iquana Mexican restaurant in SLC. It's just a few miles from the airport. Get there early as the wait line is long.

Their Mole ***** is the best that I have ever had.

Enjoy!

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
PS...the instructors are now recommending tire pressures of 32 psi front, 28 psi back.

That's good info, tho I came to 34 front 31 rear, looks like I need to go down some more. Was worried about internal heating.

On the other hand I want these to wear out even faster so I can ditch them for tires that are actually good.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that tire pressure recommendation for general on the road driving or offroad driving? I'm not running 37/37 which usually heats up to 40 to 41 on the road.

Need to do a chalk test at both psi's.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that tire pressure recommendation for general on the road driving or offroad driving? I'm not running 37/37 which usually heats up to 40 to 41 on the road.

Need to do a chalk test at both psi's.

I was overinflated per test and wear at 34 in back, fwiw.

I heard Ford used ~30ish front 22 rear for offroad press events.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The instructors said that 32 front and 28 rear is best for both off-road and highway.

I believe those recommendations were based on doing a mix of both on the same day (like you do at Raptor Assault) so they don't have to waste time airing up and down everyone's tires. Not run 32 28 all the time.

If you aren't going offroad stick to the door jam.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe those recommendations were based on doing a mix of both on the same day (like you do at Raptor Assault) so they don't have to waste time airing up and down everyone's tires. Not run 32 28 all the time.

If you aren't going offroad stick to the door jam.

This is bad advice. You will get overinflated wear if you run 38 psi. For legal reasons, they had to state the pressure for max haul/tow, which is 38. If you run 38 without a load you will burn out the middle of your tires. I was down 4-7 16ths middle of tire vs exterior, because I ran at 38psi for my first 10k. Dropping down to 36f 32 rear has helped, but it still isn't great. K02s are garbage tho anyway, so there's that.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the letter in the mail tiday, 5/14/22. I did the course in 2019 and enjoyed it. Drove my then Gen2 from NY to Moab and up to Tooele. It was an awesome cap to a 4 week x country 4 week vacation.

Now if I did it again, I’d fly and I just don’t think it’s worth the hassle and expense having already done it.