Raptor Assault - Detailed Course Overview

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kenny008,
I took the course Sept '13, and there were no problems using personal go pro's. Put them on first thing however as with the fun, dirt builds up over the course of the day and you will need to have a clean surface. The trucks are power washed after each day, so mount the cameras in the morning after the classroom teaching.
It's definitely improved since I took the course; the afternoon was on the ranch field directly opposite the Motor sports complex...there was a ravine about 1 mile in length about 10 to 30 feet below grade that cut left and right and back and forth the whole length. It was great to practise left foot breaking to weight the front tires there. Also there was a tabletop that allowed a little air time.
We never got to the mountains...damn!
I highly recommend it to anyone that can go!
Eddie

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We almost got air once... possibly did but couldn't tell. The key is on the drive to the desert course when you're going about 40 through the desert let the instructor get up a ways... that's when we gunned it and possibly got air... We did get scolded on the radio 'That's way too fast guys' lol.

GrdnFrmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
August 6-7 for me. Looking forward to the course. Thanks for the great wrote-up.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great write-up. Thanks for putting the time in for a great description.

I'm signed up for Sep 19-20, and staying for the extra Mustang day. Can't wait.

I had a couple of questions:

- Where all the trucks 2017's? I think someone mentioned on another thread that there were some Gen 1 trucks mixed in.

- Did anyone bring GoPro's? Did they have any problems with people putting them in the trucks?

Thanks again for the info!

Everyone got 2017's, the few Gen 1's were driven by instructors.

Gopros were not a problem. I mounted mine to the roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDDDIdhSFds

Bark beetle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the good info, going in a few weeks and it is nice to know the general plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kenny008,
I took the course Sept '13, and there were no problems using personal go pro's. Put them on first thing however as with the fun, dirt builds up over the course of the day and you will need to have a clean surface. The trucks are power washed after each day, so mount the cameras in the morning after the classroom teaching.
It's definitely improved since I took the course; the afternoon was on the ranch field directly opposite the Motor sports complex...there was a ravine about 1 mile in length about 10 to 30 feet below grade that cut left and right and back and forth the whole length. It was great to practise left foot breaking to weight the front tires there. Also there was a tabletop that allowed a little air time.
We never got to the mountains...damn!
I highly recommend it to anyone that can go!
Eddie
Perfect, thanks for the advice.

wizze

Reaction score
Awesome write up. Thanks! Wife works in SLC sometimes so hoping I can get a class spot while she is there. Next 2 dates are booked up.