Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Raptor Assault chase racks

This is a discussion on Raptor Assault chase racks within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Are the chase racks that adorn the Raptor assault trucks (with the number plate) made in house by FP or ...

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Seartrip
  • 1 Post By RDFTS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2017, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Raptor Assault chase racks
Are the chase racks that adorn the Raptor assault trucks (with the number plate) made in house by FP or are they available somewhere as aftermarket?

Last edited by vitaminR; 08-16-2017 at 12:12 AM.
vitaminR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 395 Post(s)

Was wondering the same thing. I bet a local shop makes them for them. Wondering to whoever went to Raptor Assault if these racks carry a 2 ton jack and a place for a 5 gallon jug and toolbox? It looks like it just carries a spare tire but surely it has more functionality?

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16'/17' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Impulse Ofroad

Old 08-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Correct, Impulse Offroad. One of the Raptor Assault instructors, John, is part of Impulse. I think he owns it. I talked to him about it when I was there.

IIRC correctly, the chase racks were mainly to mount a tire and mount the dust lights. But the welds, fit and finish looked very good.
hkguns likes this.
Seartrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Seartrip View Post
Correct, Impulse Offroad. One of the Raptor Assault instructors, John, is part of Impulse. I think he owns it. I talked to him about it when I was there.

IIRC correctly, the chase racks were mainly to mount a tire and mount the dust lights. But the welds, fit and finish looked very good.
What is the advantage of mounting a stock wheel in the bed? I get it for oversized tires that don't fit under the bed. Do these guys flat often enough that they need easier access?
jaz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm Batman

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

Originally Posted by jaz13 View Post
What is the advantage of mounting a stock wheel in the bed? I get it for oversized tires that don't fit under the bed. Do these guys flat often enough that they need easier access?
Less chance of dragging it on a rock and yes ease of access.

2017 Ruby Red SCREW 802A-Ordered 8/3, Built 10/14, Released from Factory 12/12, Accepted by Shipping Company 12/27, Delivered 1/19
crash457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

aka Rick

Mentioned: 395 Post(s)

Default Raptor Assault chase racks
I carry a spare in the bed and the spare under the bed. I have never had an issue with the spare under the bed dragging on anything. Personally the tire in my opinion helps protect the rear. Otherwise the only item to catch without is the bumper and I have seen guys tear their bumpers off. I have torn off the trailer plug and the lights I had under the bumper even with the spare under there. I plan on keeping the spare under there.

Now I have had plenty of flats, plenty! It is extremely useful to have easy access to your spare as sometimes trying to get your spare from underneath when on a trail is a royal pain in the ass. Later when we get to a spot that is better and we have time or at camp or parking lot will then put the flat underneath and move the good spare in the bed for the next flat.

Of course if it can be repaired or patch do that but I have taken my sidewalls out too.

I did relocate my trailer plug into the bumper.

WhatExit? likes this.

2014 RR SE SCREW | #792 of #3396 in RR | #4568 of #22409 Total | My Mods: Click Here
2008 Shelby Mustang GT500 Torch Red Convertible | #58 of #463 in Torch Red | #249 of #2070 Total
Raptor Runs: TRR 14'/15'/16'/17' | Raptoberfest 14'/15'/16'/17' | Time Attack 14' | Snoball 15' | AR Run 15' | TRR Baja 16' | Private Baja Jan 17'
RDFTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Originally Posted by RDFTS View Post
I carry a spare in the bed and the spare under the bed. I have never had an issue with the spare under the bed dragging on anything. Personally the tire in my opinion helps protect the rear. Otherwise the only item to catch without is the bumper and I have seen guys tear their bumpers off. I have torn off the trailer plug and the lights I had under the bumper even with the spare under there. I plan on keeping the spare under there.

Now I have had plenty of flats, plenty! It is extremely useful to have easy access to your spare as sometimes trying to get your spare from underneath when on a trail is a royal pain in the ass. Later when we get to a spot that is better and we have time or at camp or parking lot will then put the flat underneath and move the good spare in the bed for the next flat.

Of course if it can be repaired or patch do that but I have taken my sidewalls out too.

I did relocate my trailer plug into the bumper.

Really good points. I have dragged my spare on the ground and rocks - it's easy to do if you off-road but having it there is good - it helps protect the bottom and rear (in rear end collisions) and the weight is low in the truck. I get the 2-spare tires in the bed look but if I was to carry a 2nd spare the first would be under the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote