Raptor Assault.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marcomilano77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What time does the driving day wrap up? I booked August 6-7 and am getting ready to make flight and hotel reservations. Possible to take a late flight out after the driving day?

Yes. Someone posted he was able to get to the airport around 7pm. My guess the driving is done around 5pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The offloading concludes about 15:45 - 16:00 local time give or take. You assemble back at the UMC after about a 20 minute? ride back. Jaw, have a little ‘graduation’ / get swag, and you’re free. You’ll be tired though. I think a 19:00 flight would be a bit of a tough ask. 19:30 might be more reasonable.

check your rental location. Advantage, for example, is 10-15 minutes from the airport, give or take depending on traffic and the aggressiveness of your shuttle / short bus driver. They had the cheapest rates when I booked. Hotel in Tooele was about 20 minutes to the rental place using the GPS, maybe a little quicker, so the UMC will be a few minutes longer to the airport. I’d count on a 17:00 departure from UMC, 25 to the airport it’s rush hour, after all, plus rental drop off, etc.

SLC security was a breeze, despite TSA’s best efforts. I had pre-check so I didn’t have to clear security with the unwashed heathens, but lines were under control. checking firearms? be cognizant of airline policy before you go and confirm with the counter. some airlines are now hand delivering bags with checked firearms. No real extra time involved here, but some are sending the bags over the conveyor, others straight to baggage claims office. Check when you check the bags and fill out the paperwork if you do.

keep an eye on your total travel time. I flew from the right coast and flight times with layover was about 7 hours.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The offloading concludes about 15:45 - 16:00 local time give or take. You assemble back at the UMC after about a 20 minute? ride back. Jaw, have a little ‘graduation’ / get swag, and you’re free. You’ll be tired though. I think a 19:00 flight would be a bit of a tough ask. 19:30 might be more reasonable.

check your rental location. Advantage, for example, is 10-15 minutes from the airport, give or take depending on traffic and the aggressiveness of your shuttle / short bus driver. They had the cheapest rates when I booked. Hotel in Tooele was about 20 minutes to the rental place using the GPS, maybe a little quicker, so the UMC will be a few minutes longer to the airport. I’d count on a 17:00 departure from UMC, 25 to the airport it’s rush hour, after all, plus rental drop off, etc.

SLC security was a breeze, despite TSA’s best efforts. I had pre-check so I didn’t have to clear security with the unwashed heathens, but lines were under control. checking firearms? be cognizant of airline policy before you go and confirm with the counter. some airlines are now hand delivering bags with checked firearms. No real extra time involved here, but some are sending the bags over the conveyor, others straight to baggage claims office. Check when you check the bags and fill out the paperwork if you do.

keep an eye on your total travel time. I flew from the right coast and flight times with layover was about 7 hours.

What hotel did you stay at?

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What hotel did you stay at?

the FPRS recommended, and Smurfslayer disapproved comfort in Tooele.
my b!tching about accommodations is earlier in this thread. that hotel is maybe 10? minutes from Utah Motorsports Campus... let’s say 15 minutes.

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just completed my RA. It is was awesome and the instructors were great. I would just recommend​ staying in salt lake city proper...Soooo many more things to do than in Tooele.

Otherwise, it was awesome

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you can only bring your Dad as a guest to the reception. Dont think you can even pay for another driver. They allocate a spot to a driver and his/her VIN.

Speedemon

Reaction score
Going June 29 / 30. Any recomendations on hotels would be appreciated along any other info. Picked up truck 4/26 a week ago. I am surprised at the attention it gets when driving.
Ok , Proof.

Attachments

• 20170426_125107.jpg
    20170426_125107.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited: