Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't let me register without putting a delivery date in the "required field". Did you just put an estimated date?

Yes, just guess. You can also call them to confirm if you would like. As I type this, I still don't know when my Raptor is arriving - I think a day or two.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It won't let me register without putting a delivery date in the "required field". Did you just put an estimated date?

I registered a month before I had my truck. I just put the est date, or you can just make up a date. The VIN is really the only thing that matters I think.

Bonebreak3r

Reaction score
I'm going May 1st and 2nd. Will let you know how it goes. Had to put in a vin but the delivery date I made up. Has a weird situation of buying out of state, so delivery date didn't seem to matter.

KTMRC8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going May 1st and 2nd. Will let you know how it goes. Had to put in a vin but the delivery date I made up. Has a weird situation of buying out of state, so delivery date didn't seem to matter.

I'm going may 2nd /3rd...Don't break my truck :p

Also, I don't think the insurance is worth it. They (Ford Performance) sends you an additional waiver and it states no insurance is responsible for 100% of damage...And the 79 dollar insurance limits your liability to 5000...Seems like most damage you would do (short of rolling it) would be less than 5k and come out of pocket regardless of insurance or not.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Also, I don't think the insurance is worth it. They (Ford Performance) sends you an additional waiver and it states no insurance is responsible for 100% of damage...And the 79 dollar insurance limits your liability to 5000...Seems like most damage you would do (short of rolling it) would be less than 5k and come out of pocket regardless of insurance or not.

I just find it odd that they don't have their own insurance for the trucks and the course participants assume liability for damage to the trucks??? Does anyone else find this odd?

5280_TIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just find it odd that they don't have their own insurance for the trucks and the course participants assume liability for damage to the trucks??? Does anyone else find this odd?
It's not odd. It is no different than renting a car. A car rental company has insurance coverage on their fleet of cars. As soon as the car is rented to an individual the car is at that point in the care, custody and control of the renter. The renter assumes liability for any direct physical damage to the rental car during the effective rental period. Normally when someone rents a car, direct physical damages are covered by the renters normal auto policy. The reason why your regular auto policy does not cover you at raptor assault is because there is an exclusion in the Auto Physical Damage base policy form for "Exhibition Driving" AKA racing.

Also, the insurance you purchase from the Assault program is for "direct physical damage". This is damage you cause. It is not wear and tear. Wear and tear is covered by the Assault program. But if you roll that shit, it's on you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Aesconde

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'll be there May 2/3 as well. Also from San Diego.