Raptor AMP Bed Extender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess it depends on what you use it for. I just purchased the factory one recently and I am quite happy with it so far. I'm not hauling kayaks or canoes tho. I like it for its ability to keep things close to the tailgate and not have items sliding around all over the bed when its in the flipped in position.

kaypee

Reaction score
Note, if you get the factory extender with a fabric tonneau cover it is almost impossible to release the latches so the tonneau cover can be folded back. I trashed mine and ordered the AMP extender.

Zach.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Note, if you get the factory extender with a fabric tonneau cover it is almost impossible to release the latches so the tonneau cover can be folded back. I trashed mine and ordered the AMP extender.

This is true, if you want a tonneau cover I would recommend a soft roll up or any of the hard folding covers that have their own rails. The covers that have latches that hang down like an Extang Trifecta are going to get in the way of the extender.

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a hard roll away tonneau cover (Gatortrax One MX) and it works just fine with the factory bed extender.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good thread guys - thanks for the info.

I want an AMP BedXTender but I have a Bedrug and a Roll-N-Lock tonneau cover so I want to be sure it'll work with them.

How does the BedXTender install? What's this about "no drill brackets?"

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good thread guys - thanks for the info.

I want an AMP BedXTender but I have a Bedrug and a Roll-N-Lock tonneau cover so I want to be sure it'll work with them.

How does the BedXTender install? What's this about "no drill brackets?"

No drill brackets utilize existing holes to mount a plate that you screw the mounting bracket onto, instead of ******** directly into the bed. I would have passed on the no drill bracket if it was a steel bed but self tapping screws into aluminum for this application, I prefer not to.

I just order the bracket, 74602-01A, 50 on ebay and Amazon had the extender for 231.

BrettLF

Reaction score
Hi,

Will i have problems with the AMP Bedxtender fitting with a Bedrug and Retrax Pro MX cover?

Any help is appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter