Raptor alert freak out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moodie73

Reaction score
Hi first time poster and I need some help/advice?
This weekend I towed my camper for the first time with my Raptor, the trailer is around 6k and I use a load distribution hitch. I stayed in tow mode but less then ten miles into my trip I had multiple messages come up in the information screen.
1.Forward collision warning
2. Hill descent control fault
3.Service steering
4.lane keeping aid
All the modes were disabled,
When I found a safe place to pull over I did. After walking around the truck trying to impress my wife that I knew what the hell was happening, I jumped back in started the truck and everything was back to normal? I drove another 400 miles without a incident?

Any thoughts?...

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For what it is worth I have seen this exact same thing (minus the Service Steering) on my truck only once. All my faults happened at start-up. Mine also went into 'safe/limp mode' where it wouldn't drive over 3mph. It was crazy. Shut it down and restarted it. Did it again. Got pissed... went in the house, came back 10 minutes later and never had another incident.

Cranky computer I suppose... This was about 3 months ago and maybe 2000 miles ago. No other issue since. Frustrating but hoping it was a one time thing.

OP
OP
M

Moodie73

Reaction score
Thanks Jetdriver, I've got 3k on the odometer. I'm glad it didn't go into limp mode while I was towing.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might not hurt to call the dealer... someone at Ford has to have seen this before. My dealership was clueless and even pulled the faults at a recent visit and said they couldn't find anything.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have a pedalmax, boostmax, or pedal commander?

I have a Pedal Commander. The fact that I have only seen this once and have had the Pedal Commander installed since day one makes me think it's un-related. My computer freak-out was at about 1500 miles. I now have 4000 miles with no issues.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would be interesting to know if OP has a PC installed. If so, it would change my opinion on PC from being virtually useless to being detrimental to the proper operation of the vehicle.

OP
OP
M

Moodie73

Reaction score
I also have a pedal commander that has been installed from week one of ownership.