Rap's Being Replaced - Need Some Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story short, my 17' had some issues and Ford's buying it back. I agreed to a replacement as the letter indicated Ford will be responsible for the transfer of equipment to the new truck. I'm finally at the end of a four-month process, the truck came in, but the dealer ordered it in the wrong color. I have RR right now which I would never have ordered myself, but now that I have it, it's my favorite color. I can live with the color that came in.

I'm taking a mileage deduction hit and agreed to the paperwork. After all this, the dealer is stating Ford needs to reimburse them for the cost of the transfer of equipment from the old truck to the new one, corporate's stating that it's the dealer's responsibility for the cost. Finally, after I agreed to the numbers paperwork, the representative from Ford came back and stated under CA Lemon Law they are not responsible for this cost. I'm guesstimating that it'll be about $2k in labor from what the aftermarket shops charged me, but not sure if it will be more since they have to remove the equipment and then reinstall on the new truck.

I contacted a Lemon Law attorney a few weeks ago, and he stated the hard part is getting Ford to agree to a buyback, which was the easiest part for me. He stated the rest of it, mileage deductions, etc. is all a gray area and it's not cut and dry.

I'm at 15k on the mileage at this point.

The question is whether you would go with the deal or not?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Long story short, my 17' had some issues and Ford's buying it back. I agreed to a replacement as the letter indicated Ford will be responsible for the transfer of equipment to the new truck. I'm finally at the end of a four-month process, the truck came in, but the dealer ordered it in the wrong color. I have RR right now which I would never have ordered myself, but now that I have it, it's my favorite color. I can live with the color that came in.

I'm taking a mileage deduction hit and agreed to the paperwork. After all this, the dealer is stating Ford needs to reimburse them for the cost of the transfer of equipment from the old truck to the new one, corporate's stating that it's the dealer's responsibility for the cost. Finally, after I agreed to the numbers paperwork, the representative from Ford came back and stated under CA Lemon Law they are not responsible for this cost. I'm guesstimating that it'll be about $2k in labor from what the aftermarket shops charged me, but not sure if it will be more since they have to remove the equipment and then reinstall on the new truck.

I contacted a Lemon Law attorney a few weeks ago, and he stated the hard part is getting Ford to agree to a buyback, which was the easiest part for me. He stated the rest of it, mileage deductions, etc. is all a gray area and it's not cut and dry.

I'm at 15k on the mileage at this point.

The question is whether you would go with the deal or not?

What exactly has to be transferred from one truck to the other?

OP
OP
M

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing major. I know a lot of guys can do it themselves but I just don't have the experience on doing it right without breaking something or taking five days to do it.

- Set of fogs linked to upfitter
- 2 LED light bars behind the grill to upfitter
- Reverse lighting kits to upfitter
- Wheels
- Tonneau cover
- 2 channel dashcam hardwired
- Hardwired radar
- Shorty antenna (Ok, I can do this myself. =P )

I'm out the cost of rear wheel Line-X and tint (no biggie).

Right now I'm looking at $900 in mileage deduction + labor on transferring.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Nothing major. I know a lot of guys can do it themselves but I just don't have the experience on doing it right without breaking something or taking five days to do it.

- Set of fogs linked to upfitter
- 2 LED light bars behind the grill to upfitter
- Reverse lighting kits to upfitter
- Wheels
- Tonneau cover
- 2 channel dashcam hardwired
- Hardwired radar
- Shorty antenna (Ok, I can do this myself. =P )

I'm out the cost of rear wheel Line-X and tint (no biggie).

Right now I'm looking at $900 in mileage deduction + labor on transferring.

We arent talking anything that would take a huge amount of time.

I'd bet you'll end up having to pay 2 days at whatever the labor rate is if you're paying someone to do the work.

probably $1600ish. if it were me, I'd just go to the shop, ask to be left alone with my tools and pull it all off. I'd leave the parts that i needed to remove to get the aftermarket stuff in the bed since no one cares to make sure Ford's truck, nor my truck are as they should be.

Ford can pay the dealer to reassemble it, if it is important to them.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm taking a mileage deduction hit and agreed to the paperwork.

what, if anything did you sign?
If you signed to the full deal, there’s about 1.75 x as much paperwork as with a purchase in this case, then you’re on the hook.

If this is the original purchasing dealer, you should make it clear that they can probably get away with corn holing you for the labor costs, but you, and everyone you know won’t ever come there ever again. Except to gloat at what a good deal they got on a Ford they bought somewhere else.

You’re the customer here, and you’re the one who Ford wronged. They admitted as much. Now, they’re standing around pointing fingers at your expense. You need to tell them all to unf*ck themselves, and get you back into --YOUR-- Raptor, without expense.

OP
OP
M

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't signed anything yet.

Ford requires you to log in to a site, wait for a worksheet to be sent to you, and then you have to hit a button that states agree or not agree. I didn't agree to the first worksheet where they were charging me a huge mileage deduction. I kept bringing up the "who is going to pay for the transfer of my equipment to the new truck?". The Ford representative from corporate (it's outsourced to a company named Contenrix) wouldn't give me a straight answer until after I clicked the agree button on the last worksheet. The representative I am dealing with is a complete idiot, referencing the wrong vehicle, file, person every time, and arguing with me that she's looking at the right file. No, I don't own an Explorer, Focus, or Mustang. The last e-mail she sent me after I literally clicked the agree button on the worksheet was whether I had picked up my new truck over the weekend... I asked for a supervisor and was told my case could not be re-assigned.

This whole process of the buyback has been disappointing. First corporate had to get approval from the dealer I purchased the truck to agree to an MSRP deal (that's what I purchased it at anyway) before they would submit for approval and TRY getting an extra allocation for a new build. The dealer in the whole process never got back to me after multiple e-mails and phone calls. The truck just showed up, happens to be the same build except the wrong color, which I don't how they could screw that up as RR is an optional color that costs extra and is a clear line item on the sticker sheet.

I think the dealer could care less whether I take the truck or not. They know if I don't take it, they can sell the truck which they wouldn't have received without my allocation in an instant as the other dealers who have it in stock are still asking over MSRP in my area.

I'm just pissed as anyway I look at it whether I take the deal or not that the dealer is the one who benefits, while I feel like I'm not the one that got screwed.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Am I reading this right, you are upset about a $900 deduction for 15k miles??? IMO that's a ******* steal. If I could pay $900 to get a brand new truck with zero miles, that's a total no brainer. In fact I'm surprise Ford is being so generous. 15k miles of depreciation is around $7k to $10k.