RAM Rebel TRX 575hp Hemi…Worth the wait?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things I gathered from this thread so far

-Rebel TRX is scary!
-Because its scary we must call it a Fiat, mention reliability issues, say it'll never be produced, say it won't be as cool as GODRaptorJennifer, and generally put the idea down
-We must all make sure to be really pissed about any competition brought by any manufacturer
-HKguns is apparently only able to post one picture to the forum; the ass end of a truck that's not his
-Shelby F150s are a thing. An expensive thing, and also a thing without Raptor things on them
-Oh and last but not least I learned that Ford originated the red wheel stripe and that Dodge is copying it. I bet the people that think that have no idea why its there...

Dodge would be insane not to release this truck. Keep the factory 37's, Kings and 575hp v8. That rear 5-link suspension has so much potential it's not even funny.

Obviously concept truck shit like bed racks and 5pt harnesses won't stay but if they keep the core of this truck they've got a winner and I'll order the hell out of one.

Well said brother. I for one don't know the history of the inception of the red stripe on the steering wheel. I was just making an observation in my previous post that I noticed the TRX steering wheel had the same stripe that emulated a Raptor steering wheel.

For me personally, the Raptor is the first and only truck I've seen the stripe on. Then again I come from owning Hondas and Acuras the majority of my car ownership.

David

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol at the guys that think there's any difference between Ford, Dodge and GM reliability. This isn't 1996, the Rams are great trucks and so are GM's.

I hope Ram makes the truck but it's going to be years to go from concept to production, and the next gen 1500s enter production in Jan 2018. Could be a possibility for sometime in 2018 at the earliest.

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol at the guys that think there's any difference between Ford, Dodge and GM reliability. This isn't 1996, the Rams are great trucks and so are GM's.

I hope Ram makes the truck but it's going to be years to go from concept to production, and the next gen 1500s enter production in Jan 2018. Could be a possibility for sometime in 2018 at the earliest.

i hear you. but remember, we're on a ford/raptor fanboy site. i see this on so many forums, and while it seems incredibly childish and elementary, it's reality.

OP
OP
S

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is a concept vehicle, but not the extreme never gonna be built ones. Ram nearly has it in production already with the Power Wagon and Rebel. All they need to do is suspension and HP upgrades, add true 35s and more luxury options. Also, Tundra’s TRD Pro is not too far behind either, It just need better approach & departure, 35s and a little more HP. I’m thinking they a doable within the next 2 years.

I am all for serious competition for the Raptor. If there was, Ford would not have their “don’t care you get it when you get it” attitude. And Dealers won’t have their “that’s my price, take it or leave it” attitude.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yes it is a concept vehicle, but not the extreme never gonna be built ones. Ram nearly has it in production already with the Power Wagon and Rebel. All they need to do is suspension and HP upgrades, add true 35s and more luxury options. Also, Tundra’s TRD Pro is not too far behind either, It just need better approach & departure, 35s and a little more HP. I’m thinking they a doable within the next 2 years.

I am all for serious competition for the Raptor. If there was, Ford would not have their “don’t care you get it when you get it” attitude. And Dealers won’t have their “that’s my price, take it or leave it” attitude.

Ram should definitely stick with 37's if it's possible on the TRX. That's a big feature for a lot of guys in the market for these types of trucks.

As far as the TRD Pro, it's sitting in the "1/2 a Raptor" segment. The suspension just isn't on the same level right now. They'd need to do some track-widening and nicer shocks to up the suspension game to where it needs to be to compete in addition to the other things you mentioned. I'm hoping the TRDPro is the toe in the water testing it before they jump all the way in in the coming years.