RAM Rebel TRX 575hp Hemi…Worth the wait?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hugepops77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor is SUPERIOR

Please don't post that Ram/Dodge crap on this forum.. Dodge &'Ram are shit! Lowest quality I've ever seen! Buy a RAPTOR!!

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ram makes $$$ selling the Rebel in the low to mid $40's. Cant believe that adding $20k in cost couldn't get you this concept ready for the street. So should be able to sell in the mid $60's. I'm still waiting for my Raptor, but if Ram made this....... Ford sales would tank.

In be willing to bet that if Ford has a couple good years of selling the Raptor then Ram responds. Sometimes companies are even willing to sell a top line product at minimal profit to pump up all the other models.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ram makes $$$ selling the Rebel in the low to mid $40's. Cant believe that adding $20k in cost couldn't get you this concept ready for the street. So should be able to sell in the mid $60's. I'm still waiting for my Raptor, but if Ram made this....... Ford sales would tank.

In be willing to bet that if Ford has a couple good years of selling the Raptor then Ram responds. Sometimes companies are even willing to sell a top line product at minimal profit to pump up all the other models.

Totally agree with you--the Rebel TRX would be very successful in the marketplace, and certainly put a dent in Raptor demand and sales. I've had 2 Raptors, and loved them, but would take the Rebel TRX over this 2017 Raptor any day. Heck, I am shocked with how good the current Rebel is--I've put almost 300 miles on my '17, and so far I think it's a fantastic vehicle for what I paid ($40,869). Agree with you as well about companies sometimes offering halo vehicles that are massively subsidized by their other cash cow products--lots of examples with this.

D

Deleted member 12951

Was this not old news from last summer? Guess we needed another thread to keep the concept alive...

NJSP117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the Rebel last year at the Phila auto show...it's weak compared to the Raptor. They had it on a pedestal with a shot model and I asked her if I could take a closer look. She said sure and let me sit in it. She actually knew her shit about the rebel. When I told her I had a 13 Raptor, she started asking how often I took it driving in the desert...I thought that was a good comeback. She started spewing about the air suspension on the Rebel and how nice the ride was....but the interior looked weak...I wasn't impressed at all. The seats even had tire treads in them....rookie shit

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the Rebel last year at the Phila auto show...it's weak compared to the Raptor. They had it on a pedestal with a shot model and I asked her if I could take a closer look. She said sure and let me sit in it. She actually knew her shit about the rebel. When I told her I had a 13 Raptor, she started asking how often I took it driving in the desert...I thought that was a good comeback. She started spewing about the air suspension on the Rebel and how nice the ride was....but the interior looked weak...I wasn't impressed at all. The seats even had tire treads in them....rookie shit

Check out the Rebel Black. Available with Katzkin leather, and standard monotone black interior accents. Compared to the Raptor, yes, weak effort. But it's substantially cheaper than an MSRP deal 2017 Raptor. My transaction price, should I ever receive my order, will be, and has been: Raptor--$67,410; and my 2017 Rebel--$40,869. Substantial difference, so I don't expect the same product output.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll come with everything you see, except for everything.

A total of 6 37 inch wheels and tires, race harnesses, factory bed cage?

You would be begging to buy a raptor with a 30k markup vs. what they would charge for the TRX.