Racers Tape

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorNewbie

Reaction score
Has anyone used any type of racers tape to protect the sides of the truck when going off road in narrow areas from trees and bushes. I have a black 2017 and I am going to be doing some off-roading but I would rather not scratch up the new paint. Any other suggestions out there other than tape?

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used any type of racers tape to protect the sides of the truck when going off road in narrow areas from trees and bushes. I have a black 2017 and I am going to be doing some off-roading but I would rather not scratch up the new paint. Any other suggestions out there other than tape?

You'll probably need something like xpel or another PPF, but that'll probably only hold up to light stuff.

I have my doubts about any sort of ceramic coating helping.

OP
OP
R

RaptorNewbie

Reaction score
I already have Ceramic Pro on the truck. Its great for a paint protectant and wipes everything off amazingly but I am leery about bush scratches. I was thinking that maybe some clear bra material might work as well. I can probably get some scraps.

Jiman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have Ceramic Pro on the truck. Its great for a paint protectant and wipes everything off amazingly but I am leery about bush scratches. I was thinking that maybe some clear bra material might work as well. I can probably get some scraps.

I'd agree that ceramic coatings are too thin and not for protecting against stripes.

IMO, vinyl might be the cheapest, easy on/off route. Way cheaper than PPF, and you could probably add multiple layers for extra protection. You can buy large rolls of the stuff from Amazon....or hit your doors with something like plasti-dip.

My .02 cents.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Really? Save your money....clever marketing that would make the car look the same or may be shinier. And it costs a shitload to get done... Will not work for an off-roading event that can get dicey.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

This is what I had on my truck for over two years. Never faded and matched the flares and bumpers perfectly. When I decided to take it off, it peeled off with no damage and no scratches.

http://www.fastenal.com/products/de...ape"|~ ~|categoryl4:"603232 Anti-Skid Tape"|~

View attachment 88846

View attachment 88847
What did you replace it with?

Last edited:

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea that was just the first thing i have found. it is self healing too. really have no clue what else to do. wife said bed cover, bed rug, and paint protector. seams like the clear tape would yellow quick. wonder if i could get a clear wrap?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yea that was just the first thing i have found. it is self healing too. really have no clue what else to do. wife said bed cover, bed rug, and paint protector. seams like the clear tape would yellow quick. wonder if i could get a clear wrap?

You know what I was thinking. May be finding a 3m clear product wide enough to just cut to door sizes, bedsides...and just use a strong adhesive tape to make sure they stay on and protects against scratches if you are in the woods...When done just peel it off and if they are good save for next time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008OK2ESE/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Last edited: