Question on undercoating with Amsoil HDMP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrettLF

Reaction score
Hi,

New owner Gen2 '18 here living in an area with snow and salt " winter coming soon " and wanting to get as much protection as possible my question is, do you just spray everything under the vehicle? Or is there parts i should avoid spraying.

Any advice is greatly appreciated along with other recommended products.

Thanks

Last edited:

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped the spare down and soaked the entire mechanism above it. I liberally sprayed the rear end and the driveshaft and leaf springs. The put a nice coat on the frame rails inside and out. I did the best I could on the front frame rails without spraying the turbos and a little on the front bumper mounts without getting it all over the skid plate. I lightly dusted the upper control arms. All along the entire undercarriage I tried not to get it all over the exhaust but probably wouldn't hurt anything.

I did not spray the shocks. I plan to Fluidfilm them more often to try to avoid the discoloration.

This is for an Aluminum truck though, after looking at your post I wasn't sure if you were the new owner of a used Gen 1 or a 17/18. Goes without saying if its a Gen 1 I would be spraying everything especially rockers.

OP
OP
B

BrettLF

Reaction score
vitaminR,

Thanks for the reply. Yes it's a Gen 2 2018 and i will also look into the Fluidfilm you mention also.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can one buy the Amsoil HDMP? I don't see it on Amazon

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a case of Amsoil MPHD from a vendor here: Chris@FreedomMotorsports

Know that Fluidfilm really never "dries" so it will attract dust so it will wear off faster and you should apply it more often. I plan to coat MPHD once a year or so. FF more often depending on how much abuse it takes.

Last edited: