GEN 2 Question, newb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Bought my first Raptor yesterday. Have not had time to do much with it but drive it to work and back today.
I noticed that the door silks are different from passenger to driver side, is this normal?
Also, where do I find my factory key to set my door code?

Thanks in advance!
a0a920229ef98e7eecd270a7d138dab6.jpg
aeb3e46726f45630cd8136836dd95c5b.jpg
3574226b27f3e679376f57019516ca5d.heic
53b9129f2406032ea5d0236d53d3e499.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The platinum door insert is wrong. Both sides should have Ford Performance. The door default code is inside your addendum documentation that you got with your vehicle. It should be with your booklets.

OP
OP
kboom

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The platinum door insert is wrong. Both sides should have Ford Performance. The door default code is inside your addendum documentation that you got with your vehicle. It should be with your booklets.

Thank you sir. I assumed so about the door sills. I emailed the Ana her a few minutes ago with pictures. I hope they rectify this ASAP.

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's actually kind of funny someone accidentally put platinum door sill on it. i wonder if there's a platinum f150 rolling around somewhere with a ford performance sill

OP
OP
kboom

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's actually kind of funny someone accidentally put platinum door sill on it. i wonder if there's a platinum f150 rolling around somewhere with a ford performance sill

I guess I was too busy and excited to pay any attention to that [emoji23][emoji23]

OP
OP
kboom

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's even on the driver's side. How did the dealer fail to notice that?

Manager overnighted me the correct plate along with a tool kit I forgot in my Cummins truck that I traded in. Took me 30 sec to replace.
He was quite shocked when he saw my email with pictures of the wrong plate.

Birel22

Reaction score
Factory mess ups are more common than you think.... In the sportscar world things like stitching and vinyl get messed up all the time.

OP
OP
kboom

kboom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory mess ups are more common than you think.... In the sportscar world things like stitching and vinyl get messed up all the time.

Was super lucky with my latest 991’s (15 TT and 15 GT3)
My BMW’s
My last 4 RAM’s came as they should.
This was at PDI level and not even a factory deal I would think.

One you wouldn’t think of was on my 17 GLC300 it came with the wrong vin # on the windshield! Lol
Made them get me another car.