Question on Aftermarket Mods pre Dealer purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can purchase aftermarket products(bumpers, lights, bed cover and have your dealership install and role the amount of the install into the final price of the truck purchase? Not a huge deal in the end, I was just wondering if that would be something they would do. Or could they even just order the products you want and install them and roll everything into the final price(products and install together).

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did this with mine. They screwed up on my tonneau cover price and I got a killer deal (Retrax Pro for the price of a Retrax). I also had them roll in window tint, clear bra, Line-X bed, and a powergate. I knew what all of the market prices were and the dealer was on par with those. It worked out well.

Obviously your miles may vary.

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All day, make sure the dealer you deal with can do that and book the truck for financing with this as well.

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it...thank you.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Better way to do it is to buy the parts yourself (using a forum vendor) and negotiate a discounted labor rate to have them installed by the dealer.

Will this work with them already knowing you are buying the truck. I could see this as a possibility if they were trying to get you to buy but if they already have you, do you see them negotiating a labor rate when they kinda know you aren't gonna walk from a truck you ordered? If so, this sounds like the way to go...

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will this work with them already knowing you are buying the truck. I could see this as a possibility if they were trying to get you to buy but if they already have you, do you see them negotiating a labor rate when they kinda know you aren't gonna walk from a truck you ordered? If so, this sounds like the way to go...

You don't have as much leverage if you've already struck a deal but if you tell them what you want to do and ask them if they could work with you on a discounted labor rate I'm sure they would. Both me and my dad have done this a few times and never had anyone push back at all.

Back in the year 2000 we got a dealer to agree to a flat rate to install SLP equal length long tubes into a Camaro SS at the time of purchase. They lost their ass on that one. :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better way to do it is to buy the parts yourself (using a forum vendor) and negotiate a discounted labor rate to have them installed by the dealer.

are there any type of coupon codes offered by forum vendors to forum members?