Question on 4A vs. 2H

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomtruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4a works good but i find it a little jerky at times when it one side is in traction and the other is in snow/slush etc . also if you really over work the 4a mode it will shift to 4h and lock it there till conditions change. puts a big info warning on the screen for you.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why use 4a unless it is slick or you want to “drag race”. The torque steer is horrible in 4A. I use 2H unless I it is really wet out, not because I can’t drive a car/truck sideways, but so I don’t feel like a bag spinning the tires at lights….. or if I am racing the hopped up Prius or Hyundai at the light.

In snow, it’s 2h or 4h, 4a is supper unpredictable and unsettling. I like car control and not computer control

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4A spins the front axles even if only the rear are putting power down. If you have the Torsen you may feel it in the steering too. I use 2H when it’s dry and 4A when it’s wet, snowy, or otherwise.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it’s personal choice but if possible I‘m in 2h always, off road included. something the dealer told me is the 4wd system free wheels always unless the hubs are locked

jeanco

2019 scab
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as we are in subject what the difference with 4A and slippery mode?
a guy at Ford assault told me slippery was better than 4A in very wet condition...

"I hate the steering in 4A".
you can always change steering condition!

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
as we are in subject what the difference with 4A and slippery mode?
a guy at Ford assault told me slippery was better than 4A in very wet condition...

"I hate the steering in 4A".
you can always change steering condition!
Slippery mode numbs the throttle response and adjusts ABS sensitivity as well.