quart every 3,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
tried the search couldn't find the tread. Checked today , 5,000 miles , oil change at 2,000. Was a quart low.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I'll bite...
What's the spec for GEN2 oil capacity, and how much oil did you use 3,000 miles ago when you changed it?

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I'll bite...
What's the spec for GEN2 oil capacity, and how much oil did you use 3,000 miles ago when you changed it?

Not sure we are are on the same page. Might be my ****** typing.
I changed oil for the first time at 2,000 miles , it had used none.
I now have 5,000 miles and I’m a quart low.
Not sure what they hold , 6 I think. It was full when changed at 2,000. I’m not over concerned. Seems a bit much but I’ve read about worse.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what they hold , 6 I think. It was full when changed at 2,000. I’m not over concerned. Seems a bit much but I’ve read about worse.

Owners guide says 6 quarts with filter change.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score

No, I understood you correctly.

You're "not sure what they hold?"

How much oil did you use, then? Do you remember?

I'm willing to bet that you used only 5. If you read the dipstick before you ran the engine, then you didn't use enough oil. That would explain the "missing" oil.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, I understood you correctly.

You're "not sure what they hold?"

How much oil did you use, then? Do you remember?

I'm willing to bet that you used only 5. If you read the dipstick before you ran the engine, then you didn't use enough oil. That would explain the "missing" oil.

It was changed at the dealership , it took what its supposed to.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealerships make mistakes. Unless you witnessed them put 6 quarts in or you took a measurement shortly after you took the truck back home to confirm a proper fill level, it is entirely possible the missing oil was never there to begin with. It’s unlikely you’d burn through a quart of oil within 2000 miles without smelling something or seeing smoke.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealerships make mistakes. Unless you witnessed them put 6 quarts in or you took a measurement shortly after you took the truck back home to confirm a proper fill level, it is entirely possible the missing oil was never there to begin with. It’s unlikely you’d burn through a quart of oil within 2000 miles without smelling something or seeing smoke.

Yep!
Had a dealer over fill a car because the year before took a quart more.
Then they had the nerve to tell me the extra will just blow by everything and out the exhaust. I said awesome story now take it back up and drain off a quart or start all over and do it right.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep!
Had a dealer over fill a car because the year before took a quart more.
Then they had the nerve to tell me the extra will just blow by everything and out the exhaust. I said awesome story now take it back up and drain off a quart or start all over and do it right.

:win: God I hate dealers

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes they will check the dipstick before they start the motor. If they didn't prefill the filter, the oil level will drop almost a full quart ( depending what filter is used) when the engine is started as the empty filter gets filled.