GEN 2 Quality Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EXOTICLEX

Reaction score
Yes please keep this thread going. Extremely useful for those of us in the market. Thank you!

GaryBacon

Reaction score
Mine came with grey stitching in the driver side door when the other three have orange.
(I have the accent package)

And a rip in the driver's seat. Not noticeable but when you know it's there it bugs you.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jesus. I would've gone crazy with a 4 month delay from build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazy from a 4 month delay? Hmmm.......what about over 6.5 months? What about 10 months or more (my anticipated arrival)? I understand you're talking about "from build", but it's all the same--either way, the customer does not have the vehicle.

Last edited:

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You precisely edited that after I responded to it. Idk who shit in your wheaties but it wasn't me.

Incorrect. I edited it and we both hit post at the approximate same time, so name games/no games going on here. However, your vernacular is very telling of your character.

Last edited:

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Incorrect. I edited it and we both hit post at the approximate same time, so name games going on here. However, your vernacular is very telling of your character.

I have great character thank you for noticing. Hope you have a great night buddy. Talk to you soon friend.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have great character thank you for noticing. Hope you have a great night buddy. Talk to you soon friend.

Figures of speech and parlances can reveal more to a soul than many would hope. And I hope you do have a strong character--"******** in wheaties" is just not something I've ever heard about or contemplated. You have a marvelous night too. If you do have a legitimate issue with me, I would suggest you spare the board from it, and please private message me so we can discuss it amongst ourselves. Sincerely, Fellow Raptor Enthusiast

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not to make light of the QC concerns, but there is a high amount of “rationalization” that occurs with new purchases that both somewhat blinds us to faults and at the same time makes us hypersensitive to what we perceive as our particular standards.

Tires are a well talked about topic in the depths of motorcycle internet fora. It’s common for someone to ask ‘what tires should I get for my abcxyz2000RR? Inevitably, someone will come in with ‘I replaced my Michelin with Dunlop or Bridgestone with Pirelli, etc. and the new tires are VASTLY SUPERIOR in every way to the old tires.

Of course, what the poster isn’t telling you is that his old tires sat on the bike for 7 years and had been heat cycled over 700 times, so .... yeah, the new tires stick way better but because he’s gotten used to the handling of the well worn hoops, he’s adapted to their characteristics over time. Now the new tires allow him to not compensate for severely degraded traction that came from over 700 heat cycles, and belts showing through the rubber.
Then, he will go into how he never liked those old tires, they never stuck very well.

Dig up his old posts though and the story can be a bit ... different. Except you can’t because 7 years ago he was playing call of duty and wondering why he couldn’t get a date with another human being.

On the other end of the spectrum, your old vehicle may have done some things really well and you grew used to it over time. My old Subaru had heated seats, they were warm within 15 seconds, and hot within 2 minutes. I think they’re warmer than my Raptor seats. Are they? Maybe, or maybe I’m perceiving the Raptor as deficient in this regard because the Soob was pretty good at that.

Now, that’s not to say broken trim, missing bolts, wrong trim level parts and similar are excusable at this price point - or any price point for that matter. I’m just trying to point out that new Raptor owners will go through a little confirmation bias for a while.

I posted a 4 page sheet of stuff Ford “addressed” before releasing my truck. it was telling, and I’m glad they caught it. It makes me wonder how some of the stuff mentioned here was missed.