GEN 2 Pulls hard to left when in 4-wheel drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had my 802A in AWD for the last couple weeks.
Snow and icy roads. I have not noticed any pull right or left. Definitely feel the wheel wanting to center itself more on turns, as to be expected, but tracks true on straight and level roads.

Edit....
I did a bit more fooling around to check the tracking..... I don’t even need to hold the wheel, it pulls straight !!! Don’t believe the mechanics that tell you pulling to the side is normal.

Last edited:

xzhbr4

Reaction score
started as right pull but now is left pull

I had the same issue with my truck but it was pulling right. I found the upper control arm bushings had failed on the pass side. I replaced both upper arms and then it pulled left found the lower bushinging had also failed. (the sleeve inside the rubber was ripped out) the this was allowing the knuckle to shift on accel in 4WD changing the caster causing the vehicle to pull.

NicxNic

Reaction score
Same issue. Mine pulls right. 25k on the ODO, I’m the second owner. Initially I was thinking it was rode hard and put away wet by the first owner, but I guess this is an on going issue. I’d love to take it to a dealership but waiting days on end for them to tell me nothing is wrong is unacceptable. Let us know what Ford said...

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine actually does this bad, I thought it was normal from the torsen, as I have the optional front torsen.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit, maybe mines the one that's broke. I only noticed normal 4 wheel drive pull when turning

Robbh

Reaction score
Did you ever resolve this issue? Mine is doing this now. I know this is an old post..

elindley01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had our first bad weather day of the season in El Paso today and I used the weather mode on the way home from the airport today. I found myself constantly fighting the steering wheel everytime I accelerated. I don't know that I ever noticed it before my 37s, so I was thinking the wider 13.50 tire might've been the issue. Sounds like there's something larger going on here.