Pulling the trigger on a new Raptor, Black vs. Avalanche Grey

Shadow Black or Avalanche Grey

• Shadow Black

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Avalanche Grey

Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brownkc81

Reaction score
I Like the AG over black personally. Black looks good too, but the AG stands out more to me. I originally wanted AG but ordered lead foot since its no longer offered. Glad with my decision I really like the color in person when I got to check one out at the dealership. Still waiting on mine should be here by Oct. 1st.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was asked of my AG truck, if the paint was called wet cement. Made me chuckle. AG gets a lot more attention.

I can't make it through star bucks without the employee girls taking their underwear off and throwing it at me through the delivery window. Fair warning, some of the guys working there do the same thing. O California.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's the facts:

* You're gonna pamper your Raptor
* You're gonna wash it a LOT
* With black you're gonna want to wash it every day

I've owned black cars, trucks and a black Raptor. Never again!

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My previous raptor was black, now I have avalanche grey. I prefer the avalanche grey. If the AG cost more, go with black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a very tough time deciding too!
The dealer had a magnetic and an AG sitting side by side.
I'm old and thought maybe the magnetic was a bit more understated.
However I'm also OCD, so I got the AG. Wow am I ever glad with that decision, truck always looks clean.
Love it!!!

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a very tough time deciding too!
The dealer had a magnetic and an AG sitting side by side.
I'm old and thought maybe the magnetic was a bit more understated.
However I'm also OCD, so I got the AG. Wow am I ever glad with that decision, truck always looks clean.
Love it!!!

I really don't think that you can go wrong with any color in this truck. They all look good. I look at the colors like this...

They have red, white, and blue. Like the American flag. You really can't go wrong here. Classic.

Then there is black for the bad boys or wanna be bad boys.

Then there is almost white "AG" and almost black "magnetic" for the I want something different crowd.

Again, you can't go wrong. I was thinking why doesn't ford offer more color choices, but then I thought do I really want to see a yellow or pink raptor....no pictures of this please