GEN 2 Pros and Cons of Paint choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chiaramichael

Reaction score
Hello, I am currently in the market for a 2018 Raptor Supercrew 802A. Not sure which color though. I managed to narrow it down to black, blue, or the garnet red (not race red).
- Black looks good clean but when off roading doesn't.
- Opposite with the blue.
- The garnet red is uncommon and stands out.

Just asking for your opinions on the pros and cons of your paint color.

Thanks,
Mike

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have black, one if best colors IMO, but will work your butt to death. Get black if you need a good exercise program, Wax On...Wax Off

Last edited:

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the Ruby Red. It'll show scratches and swirls easily but it contrasts awesome with the trim and is not a common color. Personally, the only other color I would get is Avalanche.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
I would NEVER do black for a couple reasons. I live in Texas, it's the most common color and it impossible to keep clean. I wouldn't do blue as a daily driver. I've never been a fan of any shade of red. With that in mind, it's your truck, so go with what you like. I prefer the least popular color by statistics, silver. For the opposite reasons I said I'd never do black.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 for not getting black. I have a black F150 (non-Raptor) now, and it shows even the smallest of scratches. If you're obsessive about keeping your vehicle clean (like I am), I would recommend a color that doesn't show dirt/scratches as easily.

I'm leaning towards white specifically because of the ease of keeping it clean.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
My last 5 trucks were black. This time I got silver and it hardly ever looks dirty.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing to note, if you ever wrap it later down the line, the darker colors will work out better for you.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I daily (and offroad) a black truck. It is work, looks clean for maybe a day, and even if you do an excellent job touching up rock chips, you can still see them from a few feet away.

You'll have to be very preventative preventing scratches and chips or plan to spend even more time repairing them.

Is it worth it? I think so. But everytime I see a Lightning Blue or Ruby Red, I almost regret my choice. And I think they'd be easier to take care of...

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always had White trucks but with the Raptor I got the blue and it love it. It’s shows more dirt then white but way less then black. My last mustang was black and won’t ever do that again. Lol

Attachments

• 430C0FD7-9313-4061-9530-0715A9240405.jpg
    430C0FD7-9313-4061-9530-0715A9240405.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 66