Program a backup third FOB.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone be able to program a backup third keyless FOB for a 802A. I ordered a new FOB from my dealer and cannot figure out how to program it. The instructions on page 77 are confusing. The instructions seem to mix keys versus FOB programming. Here is step one which refers to a backup slot for Type A:
1. Place the first programmed key in the
backup slot (A) in the center console,
then press the push button ignition
switch. Insert the first previously
programmed coded key into the
ignition.

OP
OP
pughde

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got this from another site it works note that Start/Stop is one button push.
To program 2017 Raptor keyless FOB perform the following:
Place first programmed passive key in the backup starting location
Press Start/Stop button
Wait 5 Seconds
Press Start/Stop button
Remove the first programmed passive key from the backup starting location
Within 10 Seconds, Place the second programmed passive key in the backup starting position
Press Start/Stop button
Wait 5 Seconds
Press Start/Stop button
Remove the second programmed passive key from the backup starting location
Wait 5 Seconds
Place unprogrammed passive key in the backup starting location
Press Start/Stop button
Wait 5 Seconds
Press Start/Stop button

OP
OP
pughde

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bottom of forward cup holder under rubber coaster. Just place the FOBs in the hole at the bottom and start sequences.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just found it in the book but tks. I got a couple fobs off ebay. I thought I did good. And then found out that I did not have the tailgate release. But if it locks and unlocks it will be good, maybe better

vsayler

Reaction score
I spent over an hour today talking to Ford Tech Support (they are pretty worthless) and finally got this to work using the method described by pughde. I would note that I placed the Fob in the slot with the top down and keys facing forward.
I would also note that after I placed the second programmed key in the slot and hit the start button the first time I got a special note on the display screen about a key fob code.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This should be made a sticky, as Ford does not offer instructions that work for a Raptor.

jonfo

Reaction score
it all worked perfectly. in my 2017 i had to have the keys facing the back of the truck to work. pughde++

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Thanks, works for 2019s, still took me a number of tries to get it right. 2019 owner's manual has wrong procedure listed, mentions placing key in "ignition" which this truck doesn't have (and these are the instructions specifically for the "intelligent" keys.)