Potential new Raptor owner, color choices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CanuckRaptor

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been lurking on here for a while, this is my first post. I currently drive a Ram Rebel, and looking to get into the new Raptor.

I'm debating between 2 trucks that's available now, one is a Shadow Black, and the other is Lighting blue. Both are nice, but I have a feeling the black truck will be extremely hard to maintain cosmetically wise.

Just want to get a feel of all the Gen2 owners out there, what color would you prefer?

Fogcitysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been lurking on here for a while, this is my first post. I currently drive a Ram Rebel, and looking to get into the new Raptor.

I'm debating between 2 trucks that's available now, one is a Shadow Black, and the other is Lighting blue. Both are nice, but I have a feeling the black truck will be extremely hard to maintain cosmetically wise.

Just want to get a feel of all the Gen2 owners out there, what color would you prefer?

Buy the color you like better. Yes black is a nightmare to keep clean and shows all the scratches and imperfections. Personally I can't stand blue vehicles, except maybe the FJ. The last three vehicles I owned were white, gray, and white. BORING! Current vehicle is a white 4runner and I wish I would've bought black. So buy what you like. I hardly ever wash my vehicles and I still ordered a black raptor. Dirty is dirty, whatever the color.

Lionheart

Reaction score
I originally planned to buy Shadow Black, but ended up with Magnetic instead. Felt like it would be slightly easier to maintain and I liked it better IRL when I saw both (which, for me, was pretty unexpected).

Lightning Blue is cool... don't see a lot of them around here.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Choice

I will be picking up my fourth Raptor this week. Two of the first three have been Blue Flame (2010/2013). My third one was Avalanche. My fourth one is going to be Blue Lightning. Color is extremely subjective and is totally in the eye of the beholder. I do know that the blue gets a great deal of attention as there are not a great deal of them around. I was sold on the blue for my 2018 as soon as I bought the Avalanche. I should have just waited and got the blue right off the start. Ill be curious as to which way you go. Black is nice, but there is not a great deal of offset from the grill and hood venting, along with the fender flaring. Again though, very subjective. If I was a millionaire, I would have every color available. Good Luck!

kingshredd

Reaction score
I went with lighting blue, my G1 is white and i have a white Explorer Sport and white 91 Toyota truck built for rock crawling. So it will be nice to mix it up with Blue.

17lbraptor

Reaction score
I went in to my dealer to purchase the 17 white one they had just got in. I immediately noticed a Lightning blue with beadlocks parked that they had also just gotten in. I came back the next day and bought the blue one. No regrets. The pearl in the blue especially in light or sun is stunning. I have been surprised how many compliments I get about it. With the black and grey accents it looks amazing. The raptor looks good in all colors but the blue got me.

Dr. Hunter

Reaction score
My gen 1 was blue and my gen 2 is blue. All the promo stuff before the gen 2 came out was blue. I find the black and magnetic hides the contrasting pieces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free