Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but..... have you driven one!? The exhaust is terrible as we all know but it does rip. Still like the sound of my SW exhaust on my V8.

I drive one everyday. It's a great motor on a street driven truck and is flat out quick for what it is. Just still would prefer it have a nasty NA V8 ..

theandrewpham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have obnoxious rattling upon start up? Seems to be random and non related to temperature. It has happened to me while driving with start/stop at prime operating temp and cold starts. Rattling lasts about 3 seconds and disappears. Located somewhere in the front end. Not a big deal but really annoying for a 60k truck. Other than that, 2500 miles with no problems or twin panel leaks.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have obnoxious rattling upon start up? Seems to be random and non related to temperature. It has happened to me while driving with start/stop at prime operating temp and cold starts. Rattling lasts about 3 seconds and disappears. Located somewhere in the front end. Not a big deal but really annoying for a 60k truck. Other than that, 2500 miles with no problems or twin panel leaks.

Search wastegate issue someone had one rattling with a video of it too see if the sound is similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkriplean

Reaction score

I have noticed the same rattle. Seems to go away after about 30 seconds or so. Thought it was a heat shield or skid plate but after checking no luck. I guess its a trip to the dealer for me.

Also noticed that I have some bed liner material specs on the rear fender. Of course I didnt see it when I took delivery. Its a factory sprayed in liner. Not sure how that is going to come off. If anyone has any ideas shoot them my way please.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also noticed that I have some bed liner material specs on the rear fender. Of course I didnt see it when I took delivery. Its a factory sprayed in liner. Not sure how that is going to come off. If anyone has any ideas shoot them my way please.

You should be able to dissolve it by using a little bit of isopropyl alcohol. Wet a towel with it, hold it over it, and it should soften it up and should wipe off. This works for Line-x when I had a small amount of overspray, should work on the factory liner too, unless it's vastly different and won't react to alcohol.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score

You will want to investigate the cam phaser rattle issue.

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes just like that. So after twice at the dealer ship. First time they found the drain hoes to be ran wrong so they fixed them. Then it leaked again so the second time they found out the seal is bad on the sunroof and are going to replace it. Also my sunroof and back panel were out of align but even fixing that still made it leak. I figured something was wrong cause I could always hear the wind through the sunroof when closed. So I knew it wasn't a good seal.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My brake pedal will randomly fall to the floor when stopping. Nothing to engage the abs, it just falls. Not a fan of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free