Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAPTORATX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Torn right side CV joint boot leaking grease. Found after about 1500 miles when I removed the wheel to upgrade rotors. FORD WILL NOT COVER UNDER WARRANTY. Has been a real pain the the rear. Truck has not been off-road and there is no colateral damage from road debris etc. Dealer and ford says it is "impossible" that it is a factory defect...and if it was...would have been caught at PDI. It is very difficult to see within the accordion folds. $529 to replace the boot and joint.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
Torn right side CV joint boot leaking grease. Found after about 1500 miles when I removed the wheel to upgrade rotors. FORD WILL NOT COVER UNDER WARRANTY. Has been a real pain the the rear. Truck has not been off-road and there is no colateral damage from road debris etc. Dealer and ford says it is "impossible" that it is a factory defect...and if it was...would have been caught at PDI. It is very difficult to see within the accordion folds. $529 to replace the boot and joint.

You need to escalate that shit. My dealer would never do that to me. They sound lazy.

RAPTORATX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea--escalated 2x. 2 problems--my delivery dealer is in AL and I am in TX and Ford corporate is putting pressure on dealers to minimize first year quality/defect claims. if anyone knows a senior cntact, i would love to have it.

thx

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the twin panel sunroof leaking? I took it in and they said the drain tubes were hooked up wrong. Well 3 weeks later once it got warm enough to wash it water still comes in between the front and back panel where the rubber seal is. After washing it I could see water pouring in. Can someone with the twin panel do a water test and tell me what happens

where are you noticing the water?

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

100 miles so far just had it a day; no problems so far but lots of quality control issues both mirrors were loose had to snap into place myself; lots of stupid stuff like scratch in bed box, trim pieces not put in all the way etc. I love the truck

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between the two panels right in the corner . It pours in pretty good. The drains take care of it. But it's besides the point it should not have that much water coming in

robbcwz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 71 miles mine overheated and lost all coolant. I was in Nebraska on county dirt road. It was 10:30pm and hitched a ride to town. Dealership had Gen 2 picked up at 7am and knocking on my door at 9am to deliver. Apparently the coolant lines with compression fittings weren't crimped tight enough.
I was extremely happy with the service provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the fail-safe cooling system didn't function either?

SoCalHusker

Reaction score
So the fail-safe cooling system didn't function either?

It allowed me to drive 20mph then rapidly went to 5mph so I shut it down. The temp was at 255F which I didn't like at all. So if it has a fail safe mode it didn't last long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk