Post all your 2017 rap problems here please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Windshield wiper skips and jumps across the glass.
Discovered this yesterday in 1st rain storm. Annoying as hell. Tried cleaning blades and glass ,rain-x ,no difference. Gonna tinker some more today. Thankfully im in socal.
2700 miles

Truck is totaled...jk

Clay bar and then give the window a light coat of wax. Treat it just like a body panel.

Shaggy97

Reaction score
Not really, started again this weekend, back at ford.
sounds like its trying to lock a hub or something in the front randomly while on the freeway.

2017 12.5k miles not a single issue until this started about 2 months ago.

At about 15-20mph I get an intermittent clunking/grinding that I can feel in the floor, and definitely drivers side. Been thinking t-case. When it first started I put in 4wd then back to 2wd and it stopped for probably a month. Now does it almost every time I drive.

Time for first trip back to dealer...

FTCHMUP

Reaction score
2017 12.5k miles not a single issue until this started about 2 months ago.

At about 15-20mph I get an intermittent clunking/grinding that I can feel in the floor, and definitely drivers side. Been thinking t-case. When it first started I put in 4wd then back to 2wd and it stopped for probably a month. Now does it almost every time I drive.

Time for first trip back to dealer...

When my t-case blew it gave me no warning, just blew up on the freeway. If it makes a loud thud when the noise stops then its probably the hubs locking and unlocking while driving, vacuum solenoid. At least from my experiences. Hope this helps.
Hopefully the dealer can replicate it and hear it.

JURASIK18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is totaled...jk

Clay bar and then give the window a light coat of wax. Treat it just like a body panel.

sometimes its the little things that drive you nuts...
Ive done the claybar already but I will try some wax thanks!

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
4800 miles and pan started leaking today, also have wastgate rattle. What else should I look out for?

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had an issue arise today where I noticed the 2H flashing. Flashed when in 4A as well and wouldn't go into 4H. Heard clunking at transfer case (or around it) while driving. Then the shifter knob wouldn't display what posistion it was in. I tried going into Baja mode and checked the power distribution and confirmed it was not sending anything to the front end. Get home and run diagnostics, no codes. Start it back up and go for a spin and back to normal!

So assuming it's a sensor, fault, ground, something electrical issue. And suggestions on what to check?

Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blkz06

Reaction score
New 2018, around 500 miles. Sitting at a stoplight and happened to wipe water that had dripped off my water bottle onto the shifter and noticed a slight vibration when touching the knob.

Didn't pay much attention to it then a couple days later noticed it again at a stoplight in the shifter knob and can also feel it in the console when resting my arm there. Doesn't do it in neutral, nor when driving. When sitting still in drive I can increase RPMS slightly and vibration goes away. Outside of that the transmission has been stellar...shifts are solid and the truck doesn't hunt for gears when in 10 speed granny mode.

Could simply be the V6 harmonics. Its possible its been there the whole time and I just never noticed it.